Well, my friends, the week that lasted a month is finally over! This past week has been an emotional one for millions of people across the country, even across the world, so let’s get right into the numerous prayer requests and praises that we have for this week! First, though, if you want to re-read the prayers for the week from last week, please do so!
Praise The Lord!
- Lord, today we give a big shout of Praise to You for giving the Police Departments such a great ability to track down and capture the person they believe is responsible for the Boston Marathon Bombing. At the conclusion of that roller coaster ride that so many people were put through, the one thing that I keep coming back to is how much prayer was lifted up to You during this week! Despite all of the tragedy — and we’ll go into all of that in our prayer request section — despite all of that, and despite all of the evil that exists in our world, the world is not lost yet, because so many of my Brothers and Sisters call on You to guide and lead us. Thank you Lord!
- Lord, I would also like to give you praise for all of the goodness that we saw in people this week from around the world. The people in Boston, those that helped out with the tragedy in West, Texas, and others that we don’t even know about, witnessing such an outpouring of support and love for our fellow man certainly is uplifting, and I know that Jesus was smiling at all of the help being shown his children.
- Lord, I also want to give high praise and thanks to You for guiding the hands of the medical staff that worked on my friend Donna’s surgeries. She was very sick, but through prayer you saw her through, and she is doing much better now. Please stay with her as she continues her healing, and thank you!
- Lastly, I have a huge praise! I want to give the Lord highest Praise for the recent engagement of my writer friend Theresa and her new fiance Chris! Congratulations you two, I know that you will be happy for years to come!
- Please continue your prayers for Dustin, he has been through a lot, and has a long road ahead of him, but our prayers, coupled with God’s healing power, plus the incredible skill of the doctors treating him will see him through this latest challenge. Here is what my dear friend Beth had to say:Thank you so much, for including Dustin, Mike! It is hard to imagine that a two year old would have to endure so much in less than a year. He has beaten cancer and we know he will beat this too. He is the strongest two your old I know!
- Please pray for my friend Jon and his family. An update on his Aunt is that she is extremely weak, has multiple spots on her lungs, and right now there is not much they can do to treat it. Please Lord, give her the comfort she needs, and Your Peace and Strength to get through this. Everyone, please also pray for her salvation, that she would know Jesus and that He know her as well. Lastly, please pray for Jon and his family, for their comfort and strength, and for God’s Peace to descend upon them as they struggle with this. Help them in their time of need to be able to focus on the things that matter. Thank you everyone! Jon was able to travel home on Friday, so he is with his family during this time.
- Of course, the tragedy in Boston — while deserving of praise that the police got the person they believe was in on the bombing — is still needing of some serious prayer for the vicitims and their families, in fact, for the whole community. Here is what I wrote earlier in the week:Please pray for the victims and injured of today’s Boston Marathon bombing. It is such a terrible tragedy that such evil exists — it truly shows just how much hold Satan has on this world. We live in a fallen world, my brothers and sisters in Christ, and you and I all know that only Jesus can change that. So please, please, please, pray for the families of the victims and injured, pray for the town and the people that witnessed this, pray for the nation, but most of all, pray that these tragedies would strengthen us, and cause more and more of us to turn to Jesus, for without Him, we are truly lost.Thank you, my friends!
- Please pray for Stephanie and Shane. Stephanie is under the weather and has been for too long, so pray for healing for her, but also pray for Shane. Shane leaves at the end of the month for Basic Training in the Army Reserves, so please see him through this safely and return him home quickly. Please pray for Stephanie at this time — that she and Zazzy not miss him too much, and that the time be done before they no what hit them!We were able to go visit them this weekend, and that was a big Praise, so thank you Lord for that!
- Please pray for my Mom and Dad also. My mom is battling a shoulder condition, and it has given her considerable pain. Please pray for her for healing, and for my dad also so he doesn’t have any ailments also. They are both getting older, so their bodies are not as easily recovered as they used to be. Thanks!
- Please pray for all of those affected by the explosions in West, Texas at the fertilizer plant. I don’t have any details, but I don’t really need them — God knows, and He knows what is needed best. Thanks, please just lift everyone up — including the firefighters, the citizens, and everyone else.Since I typed that the night I heard of the explosion, more details are out, and huge praises are in order for the people who have gone in and worked tirelessly at trying to save people from the nursing home or other homes around the area. The area looks like a bomb went off, it is scary how much damage there was. Please continue to pray for the town, for the investigators, for the survivors, and lift up those that did not survive, and their families in this time of trauma and grief. Pray that God would give His Peace upon all of them, that they would feel His comfort and mercy on their lives and know that He is with them. Thank you everyone!
- Also, there was a fire at an Exxon plant near Beaumont, TX. One of our readers reported that her friend had 3rd Degree burns over 88% of his body. Please pray for those affected in this separate incident as well. Thanks!
- My friend Deb — you know her as the creator of the site Focused on the Magic — is going through a bit of a personal struggle right now because her son is on his way to Colorado to start the next phase in his life. Please pray for a safe journey for him, but also, please pray for the Mom and Dad as well — because it’s something you know will happen, but despite that, there is still some feeling of emptiness and worry over your son growing up. Fortunately for Deb, she has another son — so they aren’t total empty nesters yet! Thanks, everyone!
- Please also pray for my buddy Jay, who has been going through a lot lately physically, and it has us worried. I won’t go into specifics, but please pray for healing, Peace, strength, and comfort for him and his family. Thanks!
My Lord, you know all of the other prayer requests that we have floating around in our heads, spoken and unspoken, and it is my prayer to you that you take care of all of those as well. Thank you for leading me in doing this Prayer post, it has been a huge honor to me that people would give up their prayer requests to me to lift up to you, and it humbles me that people from all over the world see this post. Thank you for all that you have given to me and my family, Lord, all of it is because of You and your Grace upon our lives. I especially give thanks to my family, Cindy and Sophie particularly, but also all of my other family and friends as we strive to do your will in this world. Thank you, Lord, all of these things I pray in the name of your Son Jesus with Thanksgiving. Amen.