16Rejoice always, 17pray without ceasing, 18give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (ESV)
Far too often in life we are left seeing circumstances happen where it seems like there is absolutely nothing that we can do to prevent it. Much like watching a car accident happen, we are left with a feeling of hopelessness that there is nothing that we could have done to prevent it.
While it is true that things happen that we have no control over, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t anything we can do about it. The other day I learned of a sad situation between friends, and it saddens me because these are friends that have known each other for many years and there isn’t really anything that I can do about their situation. However, that hasn’t stopped me from praying for them and their circumstances. While it may not help with the situation that they are dealing with directly, I know that God will hear my prayers, and He will take the action that needs to be taken according to His Will. That action may not happen immediately; in fact, it may seem like no action is being taken at all. But what may very well happen is that in the months or even years to come, something may happen that will remind them of each other, and that may in fact be the point where God acts upon my prayers.
None of us know what tomorrow will bring. We think we do, and perhaps what happens is what we believe will or should happen, but regardless of what tomorrow brings, I’m going to re-commit myself to following the words in 1 Thessalonians, chapter 5, verses 16-18.
Pray without ceasing.
Give thanks in all circumstances.
That is what God wants me to do — that is His Will for me through His son, Jesus Christ.
Now, please continue in your prayers with our prayer requests and praises.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Mikel starts us off with a prayer request: I would ask for your prayers for my husband Bruce. He has some difficult decisions to make at work that not only affect him, but the people that he manages.
- Dennis needs immediate prayers for a family member. Please lift up Dennis and his family today. Thanks!
- Amanda has a prayer request for her husband’s aunt, Diane is her name: My husband’s aunt needs prayers. They have found a mass on her liver and are concerned it is advanced pancreatic cancer. They are currently awaiting a biopsy and further scans.
- Hiro has a prayer request for her father-in-law: Please pray for my Father-in-Law. He is getting surgery on his eyes tomorrow morning. He is worried about losing his sight.
- Jo has a prayer request for financial blessings for her family.
- Lastly, please pray for me as I travel for business this week, and lift up my family as well while I’m away. Thanks!
Now, please close with us by praying the prayer that Jesus taught His Disciples and us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.