Hello my friends, and thank you for stopping by today for our Prayers for the Week Post. Today’s post marks the anniversary of our first year of writing our prayers for the week posts, and while I am proud of all of the answered prayers that we have seen in that year, today my heart is heavy because of some of the requests we have this week.
We all know that God is there for us, and for the prayer requests we have this week, I see direct proof of this statement. Many of the requests we have are very serious, yet despite that, the families that are affected are experiencing a feeling of Peace because God is with them. While their hearts are breaking, they know that God is there, and that He is taking care of them and their loved ones with the care and compassion that only God can show. This post is dedicated to the family of Dustin — to Jeff and Kelly, Braden and Collin, and all of their relatives. Please pray with me for them, and all of the other prayer requests we have this week.
Prayer Requests and Praises.
- My friends, I ask for prayers for the nephew of my friend Beth. We have been praying for Dustin and his healing over the past several months, and today I learned that it likely won’t be long before Dustin is called home to Heaven. My prayers this day are for Dustin’s family, who are heartbroken, obviously, and for God to shower them with His love and to hold them tight in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead. Dustin is not quite four, and his older brother, who turned seven yesterday, is devastated. Please shower them all with your love, kindness, prayers, and whatever else they might need to get through. Heavenly Father, we ask for you to grant Your Peace, Comfort, and Strength upon Beth’s family, as they deal with this difficult journey. Remind them in Your Loving way that You are there for them, and carry them throughout this with the love and compassion that You have for them. We ask these things in the name of Your Son Jesus, who died for us, with Thanksgiving. Amen!
- Please pray for a friend of mine. They are trying to adopt a child, and have run into a complication because of a situation that happened with a different adoption of someone else. Unfortunately, a little boy who was adopted came to harm. It’s sad that, no matter how much background you put into a case, there are no guarantees. Unfortunately, because of this separate case, it has caused doubt to be raised on so many other adoption cases, and that has caused stress on many families and children. Please pray with me:“Heavenly Father, we grieve for the little boy who was harmed by his adopted father. We can not understand why things like this happen, and I’m not sure that we are expected to know. What we do know, though, is that a lot of other families who are trying to adopt a child are now at risk of not being able to do so, and because of that, we turn to You, Lord. We pray for the salvation of that little boy who we know is now with You. We also pray for all of the other families that are under stress because of this isolated incident, and we pray that You would see them all through these times. Please have Your Peace, Comfort, and Strength descend upon them and the children that they are looking to adopt. Please remind these families that we are all Children of God, and to remember to put You first. Please remind them to have Faith in Your ways, and that, in the end, it will all be okay. We ask these things in the name of Your Son Jesus, who paid the ultimate price for our sins. Amen.”
- Even as we were praying this prayer regarding my friend and their pending adoption, they received word that the final approval process was done and that they would be able to adopt the newest member of their family. Please praise God for this miracle, and lift up the entire family in prayer so that they would appreciate every day all of the incredible blessings that God has bestowed upon them. Thank you everyone!
- My friend Laura has some heavy prayer requests. Her friend Shirley, who she considers an Aunt because of how close they are, is having an emergency mammogram 2/26. Please pray for a good result from this test. Also, Laura’s Father-in-Law George has cancer in multiple locations, including his lungs, liver, and back, and is unable to walk. Please pray with me:Heavenly Father, we ask that You lift up Shirley and George. They are going through some really serious issues, and we ask that You please give your Healing touch to them, and skillfully guide the hands of the medical team that is looking after them. Lord, we know that You know their hearts, and we pray that they know You and Your Son Jesus, that they turn to you with their worries and concern, and that they talk to You daily. Lord, please grant Your Peace, Comfort, and Strength to Shirley and George and all of their families so that they may face these tribulations in their lives the best way they can. Lord, if it is Your Will, please heal them of their medical issues so that they might be a Miraculous Blessing to all of how wonderful You are. We ask these things in the name of Your Son Jesus with Thanksgiving. Amen!
- I learned from Laura that her friend Shirley’s prayers were answered — the test came back negative! Praise God for the answered prayer!
- My friend Stephanie asks for prayers for her husband’s Grandfather. Here is what she wrote:Please keep my husband’s grandfather in your prayers. He has been in the hospital all week…failing kidneys among several other things. It wasn’t unexpected, but still hard! He actually told us at Christmas that it would be his last and that he is ready to be called Home. We all have comfort knowing that he is at peace and that his beloved wife, Gran Gran, will be waiting for him when the time comes.Please pray for his Peace, Comfort, Healing, and Strength, and also that for all of his family. He is ready to come home, so please pray for him. It is, of course, God’s Will, and if God thinks there is more for him to do here on earth, please put him in the path of those he needs to help so that he may share and bring others to know our Lord. Thank you!
- I have an anonymous prayer request for all couples that are trying to have a baby. In particular, I have one friend that has tried, and had a miscarriage early in one pregnancy. Please lift up her and her husband in prayer as they strive to start their family. Please pray with me:“Heavenly Father, Your Son is such a part of our lives, and we give thanks to You for Jesus. There are many people in this world that are having difficulty in bringing a child into the world, and today, we turn to You for help in their situations. Please be with them, and if it is Your Will, please nurture them and, at the right time, grant them the gift that they long for — a child of their own. Lord, we know that it isn’t in our timetable, it is in Your timetable that this will occur, so please, also grant them Your Peace and Patience so that they will not worry over it, but just submit to Your Will concerning this in their lives. Be with them, Lord, and if You see fit to grant them a child, remind them to raise their child to be a testimony to Your own Son, Jesus. It is in His glorious name that we pray with Thanksgiving. Amen.”
- One of my closest Disney friends is Amanda. Amanda is a lady of many different layers, but her primary layer (outside of the Mom, Wife, etc. layer) is that she is a teacher. Please pray for two of her students that are in the midst of cancer treatments right now. I don’t know what is causing all of this cancer, but I’m sick of it! God, I’m sorry, but please take care of all of this.Amanda’s students’ names are Patrick and Madalyn. Please lift them up to the Lord as we pray together:“Heavenly Father, we are staring at cancer once again, this time in the bodies of two teenage students, Patrick and Madalyn. Cancer has proven time and time again that it will strike anyone, of any age, at any time, and Lord, this week has been hard enough that I’m truly leaning on You more than I normally do. I’m weary, Lord, weary of all of these babies facing such tribulations. I know that You have our best interests at heart, and I know that You are looking after all of us, so Lord, please look after Patrick and Madalyn, Stephanie, Dustin, Baby Ryan, and everyone else that is ailing. Lord, please provide healing for all of these children, so that they might know You better. I ask this in the name of Your Son Jesus, who told us in John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” — Lord, help us through this trouble, these trials, these tribulations, and Lord, see us to Paradise in our appointed time with the grace of You shining from us. It is in Jesus’ name that I pray. Amen”
- Lastly, Lord, I want to give You praise for the marriage yesterday of my cousin Bob and his new wife Lori. They are very happy together, and I thank you for bringing them all together. May their days be filled with love and compassion for all of their days.
Lord, we don’t know what tomorrow will bring for us, but we have a lot of people hurting right now. Please be with all of these requests, and with those that we don’t know about, and remind us that You are here for us, and that You love us. Thank you for all of our blessings, for our answered prayers, for our families, for everything you give to us, both now and in the future. We ask all of these prayers in the name of Your Son Jesus with Thanksgiving. Amen!