The Lord is Close
‘The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.’ Psalm 34:18 (NIV)bible.com
Hello everyone, and welcome to this week’s prayers for the week post. Today I’m writing from the Gatlinburg, TN area, where I’m enjoying the sites and sounds of the area for my travel agent business. Yesterday we took in Dollywood, and one of the highlights of that day for me was a show called Summer Feels. During that show, there was a song that one of the singers performed, but God spoke to me through her when she quoted Psalm 34:18, and I knew that this is what God wanted me to share with you.
Life takes us in many directions all the time, and far too often we find ourselves in times of tribulation. God reminded me in Psalm 34:18 that He is with us, He is close to the brokenhearted, and He saves those who are crused in spirit. That is something that all have needed to hear a lot this year as I look back on the first six months of 2019, and I am certain that He is reminding us of that each and every day for the rest of the year, and in fact, for the rest of our lives.
Take comfort, my brothers and sisters-in-Christ, and remember the words of the Psalmist — the Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Now, my friends, please join me in praying for our prayer requests and lifting up our praises.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Hey everyone, we’ve been praying for Richard friend Chris, who is battling cancer. Please keep praying for him, his cancer is spreading and it doesn’t look good, so pray for miraculous healing if it’s God’s Will, as well as pray for Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love for Chris, his family, and all of their friends. Thanks everyone!
- Update: Hospice has been called in for Chris, so keep praying but also make sure you are praying for his family and friends.
- Hey everyone, Brenda had an outpatient procedure done tomorrow and is in need of prayers. Please pray for the skill of the medical team, for God to guide their hands, and for Peace, Comfort, Strength, a complete recovery, and Love to surround Brenda and all of her family. Thanks!
- Update: the procedure went very well, now please keep praying for good results from the testing.
- A few months back we were praying for my brother in Christ, John, as he led his family to New Orleans on a new job opportunity. One of the things we were praying for was that the job would be what he hoped and prayed it would be, and that prayer has been answered. However, please keep praying that John would be able to find the church that God is leading him to for John, his wife Prudence, and their two girls. This prayer request is very important, so please pray for John and his family.
- Hiro has a prayer request: “Could you pray for my 4 year old son. He was in emergency last week and again today. We might have to bring him again soon.“
- Bridget has a prayer request: “Please pray for my children and their Dad. He is having lots of medical issues right now and is in the hospital.“
- Scarlett has a prayer request: “I am asking for prayers for my brother-in-law as he is in the final stages of Parkinson’s and in the hospital with pneumonia! Keep his sweet and faithful family in prayer. Also, my blind cousin is in the hospital with pneumonia! Keep he and his family in your prayers, please! May God’s blessings continue to shower upon all!“
- Update from Scarlett: “Bob’s brother died this am (Thursday, June 27th)! He was a great man who was faithful to God and family! Thank you for your prayers!“
- Bridget has another prayer request: “Asking for prayers for my friend Lisa and her husband. His cancer has returned and needs lots of prayers.“
- My sister Robin has an update from Larry Kincannon. We were praying for his wife Sandra this week: “From Larry KinCannon: With the heaviest of heart I regret to inform you that today my wife Sandra has left us to be with the Lord. Despite the best of medical care available, Sandra was not able recover from a severe brain aneurysm that burst on Wednesday after noon. Please keep our family in your prayers during this difficult time. We will provide memorial service detail when they become available. We are grateful to have such great friends who have provided so much support already. Thank you all for your prayers and support.“
Now, please join us in praying the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in HeavenThe Lord’s Prayer
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever.
My friends, thank you for praying with us today. Now, have a listen to a song that speaks to my heart, and perhaps yours as well. May you have a wonderful day and week ahead.