Today over at On the Road with Mickey, episode #9 of our podcast released. The feature topic is our favorite Disney snacks! Let me tell you, Sophie and I had a lot of fun talking about our favorite snacks!
Here’s a bit of what we talked about this week:
Cheddar from the Big Cheese
Several items in our Cheddar from the Big Cheese segment, covering things like Coco, Disney Dining Plan +, some Jungle Cruise news, and more!
My friends at Mouse Chat Podcast have one of the best Disney Travel podcasts in the business, as evidenced by their recent nomination in the Best Travel Podcast category of PodCastAwards.com! I do not know if they have won or not, in fact, no one knows — the awards ceremony isn’t until January 7th, 2013, and will be streamed live on the Internet — but regardless of the outcome, there isn’t a podcast out there that I have enjoyed more then Mouse Chat.
The other day I received an incredible message! I had won a contest that Mouse Chat was having! I was shocked, because let’s face it, my site has been known to have a contest or two, but I’ve only won a few contests over several years, so I never expect to win!
The prizes: A set of 4 Porcelain 8″ Plates from the new Fantasyland area as well as a set of 4 Porcelain 4″ Coasters! Check out the photos to see the designs!
If you have not listened to the Mouse Chat Podcast, you can check them out via iTunes and subscribe to the podcast there, or you can listen to them directly on the MouseChat.net website. I strongly urge you to do so, you’ll be glad you did and you never know what you’ll here on the show!
To wrap it up, I’m sharing with you the Top 10 things you’ll here on MouseChat that you would never hear on the other nominations in the Best Travel Podcast Category (as seen on the Mouse Chat Podcast Facebook Page last week):
From the home office in Canton, Georgia, here are the Top 10 things you’ll hear on Mouse Chat that you won’t from the other Disney podcasts nominated in the travel category in the podcast awards:
10. The unconventional uses for a bushel of apples, and what your used car salesman isn’t telling you.
9. Fashion tips for the budget conscious gentleman from Steve, or how $8 sneakers make the man.
8. Lisa’s strange obsession with baking sprinkles, and why she packages them in “dime baggies.”
7. Why getting drunk on a Disney cruise and the Righteous Brothers don’t mix (also known as “thank goodness You Tube didn’t exist in the year 2000.”).
6. Duffy the Bear conspiracy theories. Seriously, why IS he bigger than Mickey Mouse? And what’s with the hidden Mickey on his butt?
5. The “ins and outs” of alien abduction, and why there’s no probing going on these days (hint: it’s all about the tonsils. And the swagger).
4. Bob’s (poor) voice impressions of Sam Eagle, Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, Marvin the Martian (that one is actually pretty spot on) and Fozzie Bear. Okay, so he’s not really trying to sound like Fozzie, that’s just his normal voice.
3. The objects you have around your house right now that you can use to gouge out your eyes and ears rather than be subjected to another viewing of the Main Street Electrical Parade.
2. Andy Rooney style epic rants, now with less eyebrow.
1. Why it all comes down to carrot cake cookies, cupcakes, and the Grey Goose Orange Slushie sold in the France Pavilion.
Once again, thank you to my friends at Mouse Chat! You certainly made my day!
Today is November 1st, everyone, and that means that it is time to get out and vote! Vote for the best Travel Podcast on the Internet! That podcast, my friends, is MouseChat.net!
I have been listening to the MouseChat.net Podcast for several years now. Their first podcast was on September 3, 2010, when they talked about the choices between staying on property or off property. Some of my favorite episodes include “Deep Thoughts…with Jim Hill” and “Enjoying the Disney World Decorations at the Resorts.” In almost every instance the gang has so much fun talking to one another that the podcast is done before you know it, and it’s already been an hour! While they do have fun talking with one another, don’t get me wrong — the information they provide is top rate, and well worth your time! The podcast is free, of course, and you can either listen from the website directly at mousechat.net, or you can subscribe to the show via iTunes and send it to your device!
They are up against some very stiff competition, so please take the time to follow these simple steps to place your vote. You can do this once per day until November 15th, so please take the few seconds it takes to do so, and thank you!
I want to take a moment and congratulate my friends over at the MouseChat.net Podcast! If you haven’t heard, they have been nominated for the 8th Annual Best Travel Podcast category from PodCastAwards.com! This is a really big deal because they are up against some incredible podcasts!
Voting for the awards starts on November 1st, 2012, and goes through November 15th, 2012. Each person can vote one time per day, so there are a total of 15 votes per person available! If you have never heard the MouseChat gang on one of their episodes, I urge you to do so! They are so funny, it’s astonishing that they can even talk about anything with all the laughing they do!