Using a Travel Agent
Recently on Facebook, I created a poll. You can vote on it below. The question was simple, and I was a little bit surprised on why the answers were not more evenly split. Here’s the poll:
As you can see, there is only a day or so left in this poll, and the overwhelming number of answers to the question “When you book your Disney trips, do you a) use a travel agent, or b) book it on your own” is very much in favor of booking it on their own. If you wish to vote, go ahead and do so until the poll closes.
Why you should use a Travel Agent for Disney trips
As many of you know, I am a travel consultant for Pixie Vacations. I’ve been one for over six years now, and obviously, I would be one that would vote that you should use a travel agent when booking your Disney trips — whether that agent is myself, another Pixie travel agent, or someone from a competitor. I have a great many reasons why, which I’ll expand on below, and would love to talk with anyone that does not normally use a travel agent about why you should.
- A travel agent that specializes in Disney travel is an expert in the field, and knows Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and other Disney destinations like the back of their hand.
- When I price out vacations for clients, I see the same pricing that you see when you price it out for yourself.
- Although the price is the same as what you would pay yourself, I offer concierge level service that you will not get if you book directly with Disney. Here is a list of some of the things you receive if you book with me:
- Depending on the amount of your vacation package, you will receive a $25, $50, or $75 Disney Gift Card as a thank you gift from me to you. For more information on that program, look at my link at Disney’s Cheapskate Princess.
- In addition, every new booking of $2,000 or more will receive a special Scentsy Bundle from me!
- As your travel agent, I will monitor the Disney promotions, and if a promotion is released that will save you some money, I’ll apply it for you automatically. If you book your own Disney trip, you would need to take care of that yourself, which might result in hours spent on the phone calling Disney.
- I will take care of working with you on selecting any dining reservations you wish to make, and unless you direct me otherwise, I will take care of making those reservations for you at 6:00AM on the day you are eligible to make dining reservations for your trip.
- Same thing for FastPass selections; I will work with you on which FastPass selections you want to make, and I’ll take care of them for you at 7:00AM on the day you are eligible to book those.
- If you need help figuring out your payment process, I can assist you with that. I’ve had several clients that I’ve created a payment plan with them that helps them pay off their Disney trip in a way that they can afford.
- Lastly, all of my expertise is free of charge to you. Do you have questions about how to get from All Star Movies to the Caribbean Beach Resort for a dining reservation? I can assist with that. Are you not sure how much time you should plan on for getting from Disney’s Art of Animation Resort to your table service reservation at Be Our Guest? I can help with that as well. Do you have a special celebration you want to remember at Disney? Perhaps a 25th Wedding Anniversary dinner at Victoria & Alberts? I can book that for you.
Perhaps the best advantage of working with a travel agent in booking your trip is just knowing that you have an expert to bounce ideas off with and to take away any stress that comes from planning a Disney trip. Also, if you love planning Disney vacations for your family, well, so do I! That’s why I decided to investigate being a travel agent all those years ago. If you prefer to make your own reservations, that’s okay too. I’m here to assist you as much or as little as you prefer — and regardless of how much you have me take care of, the other extras are still yours to enjoy when you book with me.
Can I help you plan your next Disney trip? If so, send me an email to email@example.com, or feel free to request a free, no-obligation quote online today! Thanks for spending time with us today, and please tell me in the comments what your favorite Walt Disney World attraction is! Thanks, and have a great Disney day!