Hello everyone, and welcome to our Palm Sunday edition of the Prayers for the Week Post. Palm Sunday celebrates the triumphant entry by Jesus into the city of Jerusalem all those years ago. It represents the best that we had to offer our Lord and Savior, because by the end of the week, we would be showing our absolute worst side to Him. Today is one of the most important days in the Christian calendar. The video I’ve got here shares some words about Palm Sunday — please have a look.
I don’t have a whole lot to say about today. The world today, by and large, does not know what this day is about. If they worship Jesus, that is great, but so many don’t, so for them, today is just one last Sunday before Easter comes next week, when they will eat candy and get presents and have friends and family over or go visit them. Last year, on Palm Sunday, there was a marathon going on in Raleigh, where we live, and it really disrupted access to the downtown churches that day. Fortunately, this year the marathon is going on the weekend after Easter, so hopefully it will not be a big issue.
My friends, my brothers and sisters, my prayer for you today is that you are closer to Jesus today than you were yesterday. My prayer is that you have given your life into His loving hands, and that you worship Him, Praise Him, Pray to Him, and that you see how much better life is with Jesus in your life than without Him. Now, please read our prayer requests and praises this week, there are a lot of them, and a lot of sad and hurting people that need our prayers, comfort, support, and love.
Prayer Requests and Praises…
- Please pray for my Aunt Ti and Uncle Don. Here is what Aunt Ti wrote on Facebook:
What a week…again. Don is now in U Va Hospital in Charlottesville. They finally had to intubate and sedate him because he was so exhausted from trying to breath. They still have him on 4 different antibiotics and haven’t seen much progress. His blood gases are showing better but his kidneys and lungs aren’t yet. Monday am he was flown down to Cville because they thought he was having a heart attack but then they said no. There is a slight problem with his heart but Dr. said the muscle itself is pumping good. All we can do is wait for them to find a more specific bacteria and antibiotic so please pray that they do that soon. I was relieved when they put him ‘under’ because of how exhausted he was. Rest peacefully my love. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts, please keep it up cause we still need His help.
Please pray for Uncle Don’s healing, for their Peace, Comfort, and Strength, and for the medical team as they work to get him mended quickly. Thank you everyone!
- My friend Kelly has a prayer request. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:
Could you add a young couple that my daughter babysits for. They just turned 30. 4 Children. Amazing Christian family. He may be facing cancer for the 6th time. Waiting for reports right now. Thank you.
Please pray for his healing, and for Peace, Comfort, and Strength for the whole family. Also please pray for the skill of the medical team that is treating him. Thank you!
- Please pray for my friend Jennifer’s grandchild! Here is what she wrote:
Please say a prayer for my grand daughter. She is in emergency surgery now due to her shunt malfunctioning. She’s a tough little girl but she can use all of your prayers. Thank you.
Please pray with me:
Heavenly Father, please be with your servant Jennifer and her family and especially her granddaughter as she battles this serious medical problem. If it is Your Will, please grant her Healing, Your Healing Touch on her life, and guide the hands and eyes of the medical team so that they may perform Your Miracle. Please grant Your Peace, Comfort, and Strength to all of the family and friends, and hear our prayers, please. It is in the wonderful name of Your Son Jesus that we pray. Amen!
- My wife’s co-worker Dee has had a loss in her family. She and her husband Robert have lost their cat, Pickles. For people like Dee and Robert, who don’t have children, their pets become their children, and Dee is heartbroken over the loss of Pickles. Please pray for them, that they remember the good times and good memories they have with Pickles, and that they remember that Pickles isn’t hurting anymore, and that they remember the long life that Pickles had. Thank you for remembering them in their time of need.
- For all of those out there that are coming up against tax issues, please pray for them. I know that taxes are a thing we all have to deal with, but please pray that taxes would not be something that burdens us too much, that we would be able to put it all in perspective, and that we would all pay our fair share.
- Next, I have a prayer request and a praise to share, all in the same event. I would like to give God Glorious Praise for the marriage of Torri and Michael! They were married yesterday in a beautiful ceremony, and now begin their life as husband and wife. Please pray that God would Bless their marriage, that He would guide them in all of their steps, and that they would call on Him each day as they walk their walk together.
- Lastly, please give Praise to God today for Sophie and her dance partners at Church, under the wonderful leadership of Ms. Sarah and Ms. Brook. They are dancing a very complex dance for Palm Sunday today, so please give Praise to God for them and their worship in dance, and please pray for their nerves (if they have any!) and that it would be a wonderful display of their Love for God!
Now, please pray with me the prayer that Jesus taught His Disciples to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory forever and ever.