The Great Commission
16Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” ~ Matthew 28:16-20 (ESV)
Good morning everyone, and Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mothers out there this morning! Welcome to the return of our weekly Prayers for the Week posts here on My Dreams of Disney! Our last post in this series was November 5, 2017, but I’ve been feeling a call from God lately to bring back these posts and lift up prayer around the world. Each week, we are going to focus on what you need us to pray for. Know that in your requests, we will lift you up for God’s Peace, Strength, Comfort, and Love to surround you all, that His Will would be done, and that His Healing Touch would descend upon you.
In Matthew 28, the last verses of the book of Matthew are where Jesus gives us the commandment that is known as the Great Commission. Believers are instructed to make disciples of all nations, and teaching them from the Bible. In addition to that, Jesus reminds us that He is with us always, until the end of the age. How reassuring are those words!
It is because of this command that I have started back up our prayers for the week posts. How can we pray for you? Leave us comments below and let us know, and we will highlight them in next week’s prayer post. In the meantime, please pray for these requests and lift up our praises to God.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Mikel asks for prayers for her friend. Here is what she wrote: A friend’s father is very ill and I am asking for prayers for God’s will and comfort and strength for Katherine and her family
- Deb asks for prayers for her son Steve, who is going through cancer treatments; in addition, he is facing difficulties at work. Please lift them all up in prayer.
- Pray for all of the graduates that are celebrating this month, for God to guide their steps and keep them safe. Also, please pray for all of the parents that are going through emotional memories at this time as well.
- Please pray for all of the students that are going through or are about to go through their final exams. Pray that their knowledge would see them through the tests.
- Pray for everyone that is looking for employment please; whether they be a father looking to feed their family, a single person trying to make it on their own, a student looking for summer employment, or anyone else. Thank you.
- Give praise to God today, for giving you life for another day; for putting the people in your life that love you and that you love; for giving you health, or if you are struggling with your health, for giving you the opportunity to improve it; and for helping us turn our focus to Him instead of to all of the evil in this world. For these and a million other reasons, give thanks to God today.
- Give Praise and thanks to God for your Mom; thank Him for giving her to be your Mom, and tell her you love her. Call her or visit if she is still with you, but think of her anyway even if she is already in Heaven. She’s still watching you, regardless of where she is.
The Lord’s Prayer
Please join us as we pray the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever.
Thank you for joining us today in prayer. We’ll see you next week, please add your prayers below so we can pray for you and your family and friends!