9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” ~ Joshua 1:9 (ESV)
My friends, on this Memorial Day weekend, we salute and honor all of those that have paid the ultimate price for the freedom that our country enjoys today. On this weekend, there will be beach goers, there will be those that have a cookout in their backyard, there will be those that go to a ball game. And there will be those that go to visit their family member who is one of the fallen that we salute today — them and their families, whose lives were changed forever.
Our Word today comes from the book of Joshua, a verse that I’ve used many times before, but seems really appropriate for today and this weekend. God commands us to be strong, to be courageous. God tells us not to be afraid, not to be dismayed, and to remember, He is with us wherever we might be. Those words of encouragement are for all of us to hear this day. This is the Word of God for us, the people of God. Thanks be to God!
If you are the loved one of one of our fallen heroes on this Memorial Day, know that our thoughts and prayers go out to you this weekend and every day. My family salutes your sacrifice, your courage, and your commitment to serve our country, and we give thanks to God for the ultimate sacrifice that your loved one gave for us. Jesus said it best when He said:
13Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. ~ John 15:13 (ESV)
Brothers and Sisters, on this Memorial Day weekend, let’s remember those that aren’t able to celebrate with us, and remember them in whatever way is appropriate to you and gives them the honor and glory that they deserve.
Now, please continue reading as we go over our prayer requests and praises.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Jodi starts us off this week: Long story short, my son’s left foot has been swollen for 2-1/2 years following ant bites. Several doctors and tests have been unable to figure it out. Adam has an appointment with a vascular specialist this morning. Please pray if there’s something to be concerned about that it will be revealed, and if nothing, that we would be reassured it’s ok to let this go. Thanks!
- Update from Jodi: We finally have a diagnosis! It is something that will probably never go away, but it is not life threatening or life altering and will be treated with a simple compression sock. They will do an ultrasound next week to confirm, but this doctor is confident in his assessment. Thanks for the prayers!
- Please pray for my friend Peter, his mother passed away at the age of 91. Pray for their peace, comfort, and strength moving forward. Thank you!
- Please pray for my friend Kip and his family. Kip is very ill.
- Please pray for all of the anonymous prayer requests — especially for those that need changed hearts like we talked about in last week’s prayer post.
- Please pray for my businesses, that they both would take off to the point that my wife could stop working at a job where she is not appreciated.
- Lastly, pray for the families of our servicemen and women, serving now and those that served before, and especially for those that have fallen heroes in their families.
Thank you for all of your prayers, now please join us in praying the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.