‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.’Genesis 2:24
Happy Anniversary Cindy
My friends, my brothers and sisters-in-Christ, on this day 19 years ago, Cindy and I were married. It has been 19 years by the calendar, and 20 years that we have known each other, but I can truly say, like my brother-in-law Jerry, when asked how long I’ve been married, the correct answer is “All my life.” The simple fact is that, when God gives you into your keeping the woman that He had picked out for you from before you were even a twinkle in your parents eye — well, that is a time for rejoicing, for praising Him, and for realizing that she is just one of the countless blessings that He has granted to me, and I would be a fool if I didn’t recognize it.
My friend Tisha asked me after we had been married for a while if being married was difficult. At the time, she had not been given her soul mate, and she wanted to know what it was like. My answer to her then is the same as it is today — being married to Cindy is the absolute best decision that I’ve ever made, and being married to her is easy — except for those times when the world buts into our affairs. What I’ve learned, though, is that this isn’t entirely accurate, because those worldly interruptions have given us a better reliance on God, on trusting Him with all our heart, mind, and soul.
Before we start our prayer requests, my brothers and sisters-in-Christ, would you please pray for all of the marriages out there — those that are rooted in God’s Love, and those that aren’t; those that are strong, and those that are facing troubles; and pray for those that are no longer married or have never been married, that they would live for the fulfillment of God’s Plan in their lives, whether married or not. Thank you, my friends, those prayers work wonders, so please continue praying for those we have listed below.
Prayer Requests and Praises
- Vickie starts us off with a prayer request: “Prayers for my cousin. They have found a tumor that is usually benign so we are believing that everything will be fine. Please cover in prayer. Thank you.”
- We have been praying for Robin’s colleague Bill. Here is a sad update from Robin: “From Jill regarding my colleague Bill, her husband, ”This news is hard to share. The fact that it is 1:30am is indicative of how I’m handling all this.
Yesterday Bill had his appointment to have his scans at City of Hope. And to say we didn’t get good news is an understatement. The chemo isn’t working. His CEA (tumor markers) went from 25 to 80plus. The overall tumor growth is about 20%. More (albeit tiny) tumor particles were found in the lungs. There are no other traditional chemo routes left to choose from. Our only option is to look at clinical trials.
We found some hope in one that the doctor shared with us, but that won’t be “active” and available to sign up for/start for 6-7 weeks. In the meantime we will make appointments at Georgetown and National Institute of Health to see what trials they have coming up.
I have tried half a dozen times to write down my feelings relative to yesterday’s news, but I just can’t. I don’t have the words. And I’m afraid if I really start processing how I feel, I might just dissolve in pain.
For now, we’ve decided to extend our trip in CA and rent a car to go north to visit Katie and Dave and the grandkids.Maybe seeing those sweet faces of the grandkids will help heal the gaping wound in my heart.
I love you William Turgeon.
Thank you for praying.”
- Jodi asks for continued prayers for her family: “Please pray for my sis-in-law, niece, and nephew today/this week, as they are moving Tatum into her college dorm. As you can imagine, doing this without her dad (my late brother) is rough. Thanks!”
- Lori shares a praise, a Scripture, and a Witness with us: “Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version (NIV): 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans for you to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.
Well, Happy, Happy Birthday to me! I just got the word that I will be starting a NEW JOB in 2 weeks!!!
Only 7 minutes from my house, & better pay!!!
I cannot THANK YOU all enough for the PRAYERS & SUPPORT that you have offered me. The last 5 years (exactly!) have been a roller coaster (with mostly downs) ever since my ex-husband (of 16 years) walked out the door on my birthday 5 years ago and left me to pack and sell the house, refused to negotiate with me & would only go through the attorneys ($$$’s!); and I might add that he made ME be the one to file for the divorce!
Praying that streak is over! Thank you all!”
- Sheila has a prayer request for us: “Please add my Architect, Don, to your prayer list he was recently diagnosed with Kidney Cancer. Don is scheduled for surgery on 8.8.2019. Will keep you posted please pray.”
- Lastly, please continue praying for the families of those affected in the El Paso and Dayton shootings, as well as for all of our nation, our leaders of all political parties, and all of those that are afraid to ask for prayer. Please continue praying with us the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in HeavenThe Lord’s Prayer
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever.