Hello everyone, and welcome to our special Mother’s Day edition of our Prayers for the Week post! Happy Mother’s Day to all of the Moms that are reading this post today! This is a wonderful day for all of the mother’s that are out in our world, and what greater way to honor them then to give thanks to God for allowing us to have Mom’s to look after us, teaching us right from wrong, and moulding us into the strong men and women that we are because of their nurturing touch! We’ve got a lot of needed prayers, but we’ve also got some huge praises for this week, so let’s start with them first!
Our Lord is great, and what better way to show His love for us then through our Mom’s? My biggest praise today is for my Mom, Ellen, who means so much to me, even though I don’t show it as much as I ought to. Mother’s Day is a wonderful day to remember our Moms, but we shouldn’t use the single day to do so — so I’m going to strive to be better at doing that throughout the year! However, Mom, if you read this, know that I love you, and thank you for everything you did to make me the man I am today!
In addition to all of the Moms out there, we’ve got these praises as well:
- To me, the biggest praise of all is the escape of the women and child from the house in Cleveland. What a scary, scary story that was, and to me, the biggest thing I can say is that, as traumatic as that was for all of them, they now have the ability to work through all of that, put it behind them as best they can, and live the rest of their life! Praise God for second chances, and for saving them just as He saved Peter from prison in Acts 12:1-19. However, prayers are still needed for them, so lift them and others like them up in your prayers. Please pray for the unknown victims of violent acts; that God would protect them and keep them safe. Thanks!
- My sister Robin has some praises for this week, plus a couple of prayer requests sprinkled in, here is what she had to say:
Well, almost one week down for Stephanie and Shane so that is a praise. I also have a friend who is coming home from Afghanistan and will see his daughter for the first time! Of course there have been Skypes and pictures, etc. but Corey and Lauren will be together with baby Cadence this week.
We do have an appointment tomorrow with the judge in Jim’s disability case, so prayers for peace will be greatly appreciated.
I officially graduated even though I still have one class to finish and another to take, but praying for God to open doors as He sees fit and bless me with my own classroom if that is what I am able to do.
Love to all of you!
- Please pray for my cousin Barb’s husband Tim, who has been diagnosed with cancer. He is undergoing treatment right now, please pray for his health, of course, but also pray for peace, his comfort, and the strength to get through this. Also pray for Barb and their son Jason, who is about to graduate from high school and very likely is going through some stresses because of this double whammy of school and the health of his Dad. Please pray for God’s Peace to descend upon all of them so that they can see the joy that will be created when Tim is recovered from this illness!Thanks everyone!
- Please pray for my friend Leigh Ann’s sister-in-law Tina. She has had surgery, and needs prayers for healing, for God’s Peace to descend upon her and her family, for comfort during this time, and also for strength for the family. Thanks!
- I also want to lift up my friend Kris, who is a reader on the site! Kris is raising money for March of Dimes for their walk. During the fundraising period, Kris had to have some surgery, so she hasn’t made her goal yet, but she is still going to do the walk, even if she is in a wheelchair! The deadline for raising funds is tomorrow, but more then raising funds, please pray for Kris’ recovery from her surgery, as well as lifting praise to God for this wonderful cause that she is participating in. If you want to donate, you can still do so at this link:http://www.marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?pp=4826529&ct=4&w=6121184&u=AmunetThanks! God Bless You, Kris!
- Please pray for my wife’s co-worker Virginia. Virginia’s mom was just diagnosed with lung cancer, and they don’t know how extensive it is. Virginia also recently lost her mother-in-law, so please lift up her mom with healing prayers, and pray for the whole family to experience God’s Peace and comfort in their lives so they will have the strength to fight this disease. Also pray for their salvation, that they know Jesus if they don’t know Him already.Thanks everyone!
- Lottie, the creator of the Crunchy Disney Ma blog, is asking for some very special prayer requests! Here is what she wrote:Prayer requests?!?! AWESOME! Add me. Prayers for a happy, healthy pregnancy and smooth delivery of an adorable baby are always welcome.Congratulations, Lottie, on your pregnancy and the upcoming birth of your baby! We’ll be praying for your and your baby’s health, as well as your comfort during the pregnancy, and that, if anything worries you, you would let God’s Peace descend upon you to put you at ease! Keep us posted, please, so we can celebrate with you!
As always, thank you for taking the time to read and pray for these requests, and for giving thanks to God for our praises! The more we pray, the better the result, and minute by minute, day by day, week by week, we will make a difference in these lives — and you’ll find that you are making a difference in your own life also! Thanks everyone!