Welcome to this week’s edition of Prayers for the week of May 19, 2013. This week has been an absolutely crazy week, so for me personally, the biggest praise I’ve got is that we made it through okay! I don’t have a whole lot to lift up right now, so this will be a shorter post then normal — but if I missed hearing about any of your prayers requests or praises, please leave them in the comments and we’ll pray over them! As always, thank you to everyone for praying for these people that need our prayers — the more prayers we can get for them, the better off they will be! Now, on to the prayer list!
- The first prayer request I would like to lift up to you is for my daughter Sophie. This week is a big week for her because she has end of grade tests for 6th grade, along with some final exams for the grades that don’t offer EOG tests. Please pray for her peace, calm, and tranquility during this week, and for that of all the rest of the kids that are going through EOG testing this week as well. Additionally, Sophie has some work to catch up on for school, so please pray that she would get it all taken care of in time so that it would be all done! Thanks, everyone!
- Please also lift up my brother-in-law Otis this week. He is on a business trip to Istanbul, Turkey, so please pray for his safe travels this week, for a productive workweek abroad, and also pray for his Nancy and Anna Jane, who are missing their husband and father!
- My good friend Jon, who we have been praying for with regard to his aunt, is not doing well. His Aunt Oakley had another stroke recently, and is likely not long in this life. Please pray for her salvation (although we all believe her to be saved), and pray for her Peace, comfort, and pray that she not suffer. Also, please pray for her family, who are coming to grips with the loss of their loved one.
- Please pray for my friend Sherry, who has some medical issues to deal with — I won’t go into details, but please pray for her healing. Also, please pray for my other friend Linda, who also has some medical issues to deal with, please pray for her healing as well.
- Please also pray for my friend Donna, who has had a medical issue to deal with, but is now in the stages of recovery, so please pray for her continued healing and comfort.
- Also, please pray for my niece Stephanie, who has some tests to go through in a few weeks, please pray for her comfort, Peace, and strength in the weeks to come, not only because of this, but because her husband Shane is still at basic training. Please pray for him as well, that he get through his training safely, and return home soon.
- On top of these prayer requests, please lift up the unknown prayer requests as well. I’ll say a special prayer to those right now:
Lord, please, on top of the specific prayers that we have been praying for, Lord, please also lift up those prayer requests that we don’t know about. Please take care of the unknown people, those that don’t share their requests, but are hurting, nonetheless. Lord, please pass along your transcendent Peace to all of us, for the whole world, because it just feels like the stresses of this world are becoming more and more, and much harder to take. Lord, also, please lift up our Men and Women of the armed forces, always keep them safe from harm whenever possible, and Lord, please lift up our government officials, regardless of their party — may they be led in their decisions by your guidance, and not blindly, of their own volition. Lord, for every prayer request we leave with you on these Sundays, we know that there are hundreds, even thousands, more that we don’t know about. It is for those that we especially pray today for, for all of those that we don’t know. We pray these things in the name of your beautiful Son, Jesus, with abundant Thanksgiving! Amen.
Lord, the biggest praise we have this week is that of your son, Jesus! Please keep us focused upon Him, it truly makes our days better when we remember to lift our concerns to Jesus first!
Thank you everyone for stopping by. Please, share the post along, and include your needs in our prayer list also! Thanks for reading, and God Bless all of you!