Welcome back everyone! This is the second week of our new series, Prayers of the Week, if you missed last week’s edition, I’ve included a link so you can read it and pray about those requests and praises. Each week I will link back to last week’s post, and as I know more information, I’ll do my best to let you know how your prayers worked out. We come into this knowing that all of our prayers are very important, but despite all of our prayers, we also know that our Lord’s Will will be done. So now, let’s move on to this week’s prayer requests and praises!
- Continue your prayers from last week, but please also add Casey to the list — she left a comment that she is receiving a port during the week, so please pray that the procedure was a success and that she will be doing better soon!
- Please add to your prayers my friends who are traveling to Poland for their adoption of a little girl. Please pray that the Lord keep them safe and that their little girl is brought home safely. Please also pray for their boys, who were not able to travel with their parents.
- Please pray for the family of Stan, who passed away after a long illness. They need God’s Peace upon them in their time of grief, as well as His Strength to see them through this.
- The cousin of one of my Brother’s was recently diagnosed with breast cancer — please pray for her speedy recovery.
- Please pray for our friend as she battles stage 2 breast cancer.
- Pray for my friend’s Uncle John, who has a terminal stage of cancer and has been given just a few months to live. At this stage in his life, pray that he knows Jesus, and that Jesus knows him as well, but don’t forsake the body — boldly pray for a miracle cure so he can recover as well!
- Please pray for Sue, who is battling a form of cancer that keeps coming back.
- Please pray for Dustin, that his health continues to improve and that this amazing little boy can put his health problems out of his mind for good!
- Please pray for my friend’s Mother-in-Law, who is fighting breast cancer. Please pray that she is healed of the disease, and that it doesn’t spread.
- Please pray for my friend’s Papaw, who was recently diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing treatment. I know what it is like to have a grandpa fighting cancer, so please pray for a successful treatment and many more years for him!
- Cindy’s cousin Tommy is fighting stage 4 liver and pancreatic cancer. He has started treatment, but even with that, they figure he has about a year to live. Please pray that he has all his affairs in order for his family, that he knows Jesus, is saved, and that the family will have God’s Peace and Strength upon them as they all battle this difficult time in their lives.
- For all of you that may be reading this that are in poor health, or unemployed (or underemployed, for that matter) — this prayer is for you! May your health improve, your job status improve, and may our country return to what made it great!
Praise the Lord!
Of course, there are always things to lift up to the Lord in praise as well! It’s important to give our worries to God, but it’s just as important to thank Him for the things He provides for us! Here are our praises this week:
- Like I mentioned, thanks be to God for my friends that are adopting a little girl from Poland. The road to get there is a long, arduous path, but the rewards for this family are immeasurable!
- Today is my niece Leslie’s birthday! She, and all the rest of my family are a huge praise for me! Not a day goes by where I am not blessed by my family, especially Cindy and Sophie!
- Huge praises go out to Sophie’s teachers at school! They, along with Mrs. Keech, the principal, and all the other staff do a great job at taking care of our kids and keeping them safe!
- Praises for our jobs and health, of course!
Thank you to all of you for praying for these things and the things from last week! Please comment and add your prayer requests below, and I’ll have them up on the list for next week! If any of you have any update to your prayer requests, please let us know if you are comfortable doing so how things are progressing! May the Lord bless you and keep you, and may He shine his countenance upon you, both now, and forevermore. Amen.
- Prayers of the Week (mydreamsofdisney.com)