1Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. 2For by it the people of old received their commendation. 3By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. ~ Hebrews 11:1-3 (ESV)Bible.com
Standing in Faith
Hello everyone, and thank you for joining us for our weekly prayers for the week post. Today we are standing in faith — remembering through the book of Hebrews, chapter 11, exactly how our Christian forefathers walked in faith with God.
In our fallen world, we all fall short. The Apostle Paul tells us in his letter to the Romans that all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. All means all. It means you, it means me, it means we all have fallen short. The good news, though, is that Jesus died on the cross as payment for all of our sins, and the beauty is that our faith in believing that miraculous event is what saves us from our sin. Here’s the Gospel Truth for all of us:
If you believe in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God, and that He died on the cross after living a sinless life, and that He was resurrected from the dead after 3 days, and that He will come back to earth again to establish His Kingdom here, then you will be saved, and are granted Eternal Life.
Believing that miraculous truth is an act of faith, my brothers and sisters, and when we are standing in faith that God is in control, all of our difficulties are more easily managed.
If you find your faith lacking, take time to read Hebrews 11. I’ve linked to it for you. In this incredible chapter, we learn about so many incredible heros from the Bible, and how they acted out of faith in God. While you are reading that chapter, make sure and pray to God that He would give you greater faith, and He will do so. Turn to Him, draw on His Strength, and you will see a difference in your life. Now, please continue reading as we pray for our Prayer Requests and Praises below.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Stephanie has a prayer request: Please keep our fur baby, Chief, in your prayers!! He’s extremely sick, and we just had to leave him with the vet for observation. He’s older than Ava, so he was our youngest baby for a quite a while.
- I’m asking for prayers for my Dad: Asking for prayers for my dad, Joe. We learned today that he has lung cancer. He is determined to beat it, and will be seeing the same oncologist that my Mom saw when she had breast cancer. The prayer requests are for Healing, of course, as well as for Peace, Comfort, and Strength. Thanks, everyone!
- I’m also asking for prayers for my friend Michelle: Please pray for my friend Michelle and her family. Michelle’s mom passed away this morning. Please pray for God’s Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love to surround them all in their grief. Thanks everyone!
- We’re praying for Paul’s daughter, Patricia: Hey everyone, today Paul’s daughter Patricia has her 8th surgery since she had her baby back in December. She has had severe complications, and we are praying for her complete healing with today’s surgery. Please pray for Patricia, her husband Michael, their child Cayden, and for the surgical team. Pray for God’s Complete Healing, and for Peace, Comfort, and Strength today and moving forward for them. Thanks everyone!
- Hey Everyone, please pray for some friends of mine. I can’t go into details but their daughter was the subject of an attempted kidnapping. All are safe, it was not successful, but it is definitely a scary world we live in. Please be observant in your day to day activities, pay attention to your surroundings, and focus on the people and vehicles around you as much as possible. Thanks everyone! Pray for Peace for them.
- Hey everyone pray for Monica and her husband — they are moving to the Roanoke area so are selling their house in Ohio. Please pray that it sells quickly and that they find their next home easily. Thanks everyone!
- Dawn has a prayer request as well: My hubby and I have been approached by Family Life leadership to be directors of the Indianapolis Weekend to Remember event. We have served with this group for five years just in a different capacity. This would be a pretty large commitment for us given this conference usually has over 800 attendees. Would like prayer as we go to the decision making process! Thank you!
- Today I’m remembering all of the lives that were changed with the invasion of Normandy 75 years ago. The world was significantly different in the aftermath of that courageous battle, but there were countless families that lost someone on both sides that day. Remember all of those that lost someone, and thank God for them.
- Lastly, a special praise for all of the kids graduating, and for those passing their end of year tests. Pray for those that have tests left to take, that they would be successful in them, and also pray for success for those taking summer courses as well.
- Now, please pray the Lord’s Prayer with us. If you have a prayer request to leave with us, please leave us a comment, or connect with us on our Prayers for the Week group on Facebook.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in HeavenThe Lord’s Prayer
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever.