No More Tears
And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”Revelation 21:3-5
My friends, welcome to today’s Prayers for the Week post. Our Scripture for today comes from what I posted as the Daily Scripture yesterday, and I felt it important enough to recall it today for our reading. As a reminder, if you want to receive a daily scripture for you to keep you engaged in the Word, click on the link.
Brothers and Sisters of the one true God, and followers of His Son, Jesus Christ, the words of the book of Revelation will come to pass. There will be a day when there will be no more tears, when God will establish a New Heaven and a New Earth, and there will be no more death, pain, and suffering. Sadly, though, we have not reached that time just yet.
That is why the work of Believers is so important. There is death, there is loss, there is pain, and there are tears; perhaps as much this week as we have seen in quite a long time. It is the Commandment of Jesus that we spread His message throughout the world; I pray that this small ministry is helping to accomplish His goal: to make disciples throughout the world.
Until that time when Jesus returns, though, we will have sadness, and we will have tears, and we will have pain and suffering. My heart breaks for my Sister Jodi on the passing of her brother; and my heart breaks for my Brother Richard on the passing of his best friend Chris. But I know that there will be a day when Jesus will wipe away our tears, and brothers and sisters, just imagine what a day that will be!
Until that day, though, we continue on, and we remember those we have lost with love, and we pray for those that are going through struggles. Will you join me please in praying for our prayer requests and praises?
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Lori starts us off with a prayer request: “Please put Barbara Morgan in your prayers. She is the mother of my good friend, Rex. It was so very hard for him to transfer her to hospice this morning. Rex is such a good man. Please blanket their family in prayers for a peaceful transition as Barbara enters the Kingdom of our Lord.”
- As I mentioned above, please pray for my Sister-in-Christ Jodi and all of her family over the loss of her brother Tom. In particular, please pray for Tom’s wife Vicki, son Clayton, and daughter Tatum.
- Also please pray for the family and friends of Chris Jordan, who passed away from cancer. Please pray for God’s Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love to surround them all in their time of grief.
- Please pray for Samantha and her husband, that they would have a breakthrough on a job that he is pursuing.
- Laurel has a prayer request for her friend Becky: “Asking for prayers for a very dear friend Becky. She had a brain aneurism and a heart attack yesterday . She had surgery last night and it is touch and go.”
- Thank you for praying for my Dad. He had surgery this past Wednesday, I had safe travels up and back and he had a great result. Please pray for his recovery.
- Lynn has a prayer request: “A couple of weeks ago I asked for prayers for my dad as he may have prostate cancer. Yesterday he got his biopsy results. He has an aggressive form of prostrate cancer. The next step is to get a full body CT scan and an X-ray of his bladder. If the cancer has not spread, he will have 9 weeks radiation, 5 days a week. If cancer has spread, not sure what they will do yet. Please keep him and my family on your prayer list. Cancer is something new to our family and never had to fight cancer before. We are genuinely a healthy family and live up in our 90s and even 100 years.”
- Jodi has another prayer request, this one for her friend Amanda: “Please pray for my friend Amanda as she undergoes major back surgery today. Thank you! Also, another one without insurance, so please also pray for provision.”
- We had a prayer request for Cheri a couple of months back for a legal situation. We have a praise report from Cheri as well as a request for continued prayers. Here is what she wrote us this week: “I wanted to give a THANK YOU for the prayers. While my legal case isn’t over, we had a huge victory today! Would appreciate continued prayers for a swift conclusion in what should be this final step. #gracealwayswins”
- Sheila has an update on her friend Liz and her breast cancer treatments. Here is what she wrote: “Hey Prayer Warriors please keep up the good work of prayer! Liz has 2 more Chemotherapeutic sessions her last one being September 11. She said she is very thankful for all of the prayers they have kept her going! Keep up the good work.”
- Lastly, please keep praying for all of those that don’t know how to ask, and for those prayer requests that are unspoken. God hears all of them, and He hears our prayers for them as well.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in HeavenThe Lord’s Prayer
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever.