Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Green Loop. Today we are sharing some of the best drinks you can find at the Disney Parks & where you can find them.
Best Disney Drinks (and where to find them!)
Written by Mike Ellis.
Welcome to Germany! Home of great food, great drink, and great entertainment! Today, my friends, I am traveling a bit out of my comfort zone to talk about the best Disney drink that I have to have when we eat dinner at Biergarten. That drink (or, if you will, series of drinks) is the German Beer Float. I say that I’m heading out of my comfort zone because, truly, I am rarely an alcohol drinker — and as such, the German Beer Flight is the perfect amount of alcohol for me!
The German Beer Flight has changed since the last time I ate at Biergarten. The last time we ate there was 2013, and if I remember correctly, this was what the Beer Flight consisted of:
- Radeberger Pilsner
- Altenmünster Oktoberfest
- Schöfferhofer Weizen
Each of those four beers consists of a 5 ounce tasting, so in all, you receive 20 ounces of beer. However, since then, the Beer Flight has changed, and now consists of these four beers:
- Altenmünster Oktoberfest – One of the most beautiful regions in Germany is the Allgäu, home of Altenmünster Brewer Beers. Altenmünster is made from rediscovered recipes for connoisseurs, who highly value the use of long-forgotten ingredients creating a full-flavored and timeless beer
- Wursteiner Dunkel – Classic German-style dark pilsner that has a deep chestnut brown hue with a smooth, toasty malt flavor and mocha aromas
- Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen – A top-fermented full-bodied beer with a distictive slightly sweet, floral aroma. Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen is one of Germany’s most well-known wheat beers
- Schöfferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen – A unique combination of sparkling smooth hefeweizen with grapefruit juice. Refreshing well-rounded taste with tangy
character and hints of sweetness that is pleasing to the palate. The world’s first unfiltered grapefruit hefeweizen-mix
Still 5 ounce tastings, so that is the same, the price for the current evolution of the Beer Flight is $13. Before, I was a big fan of the Oktoberfest — and since that hasn’t changed, I imagine I will still be a fan of that. Of the four of those, I think the Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen would be the one that I would dislike the most — or perhaps the Dunkel. I’m not one for a dark style beer so that one may be the one I dislike.
If you have a fancy for one of these, you can also order them individually in 1/2 liter servings — the two Hefeweizen varieties are $9.50 each, the Oktoberfest is $8.75, and the Dunkel is $8.25.
For me, though, the real reason I think fondly of the German Beer Flight is because of the memories I have of the last time we ate at Biergarten. That was 2013, it was the first trip to Walt Disney World we had been on since I became a part time travel agent with Pixie Vacations, and the agency was having an agent get together to hang out together and get to know one another. That meal was great because Cindy, Sophie and I joined our dear friends Brenda and Butch for dinner at Biergarten, and in the course of that meal, Sophie and I shared a moment that I likely will be reliving in a different venue in the next 10 years or so. I’ll let the picture speak for itself, though:
So, my friends, this concludes my look at the German Beer Flight, and why this is my choice for the Best Disney Drink. I hope that you have enjoyed my look at the drink, as well as my look at why this one simple drink really does it for me. Until next time, please go out, have a great day, and remember to make it a Disney day no matter where you are! Thanks for stopping by, go check out the rest of the posts below!
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Green | Best Disney Drinks & Where to Find Them Loop:
- 1st Stop – DISTherapy | The Iconic Lapu Lapu from Tambu Lounge | And How to Make Your Own!
- 2nd Stop – My Dreams of Disney | German Beer Flight at Biergarten
- 3rd Stop – Bibbidi Bobbidi Booze | The Best Beverages at the World Showcase
- 4th Stop – What’s the Point? | 50s Prime Time Cafe Peanut Butter & Jelly Shake
- 5th Stop – My Pixie Dust Diary | Storybook Circus Slushies