God Loves You
Last week, I wrote some hard words for us to hear and accept; the words found in Romans chapter 1, verses 18-32. You can read my post on God’s Wrath by clicking the link. At the end of that message, though, I reminded you of some important words of hope. Even though we all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God, He still loves us. That’s right: God Loves You, and God Loves me, despite all that we do and say. Today, I am going to remind us all that He really does love us, using His words as proof.
‘For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord , plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. ‘Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)
Some of my most peaceful times have come in reading this verse. It is important that we remember that despite the troubles we are going through, God is for us, and He is with us, if we but call on Him.
‘ fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.’Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)
‘For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. ‘Romans 8:38-39 (ESV)
‘”For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. ‘John 3:16-17 (ESV)
The ultimate reminder of God’s love for us is found in John 3:16-17. If you ever feel that God doesn’t love you, please, reach out to us, or talk to your minister if you have one. These are just some of the verses that show just how much God loves you, and how much God loves all of us. Now, please join us in praying with us in our Prayer Requests and Praises.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Dana has a prayer request for us: “Asking for prayers today for two very special people who are having surgery. One is for colon cancer. Praying for the medical team and that they are able to remove all of the cancer in the least invasive manner. Thank you!”
- Pat has a very special praise: “Proof that God works miracles. A few months ago I brought you a prayer request for this young lady. She had a brain aneurism and her outlook was bleak. I got to watch her walk up onto our church platform Sunday morning to be recognized as a senior graduating with honors. God isn’t through with her yet.”
- My wife Cindy and I have a special praise for our daughter Sophie, who graduated from high school this week. Please pray for all of the graduates in the coming weeks, and pray for their transition into the next phase of their lives.
- Please pray for all of those that paid the ultimate price for us so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we have in our country. Never forget their ultimate sacrifice.
- Lastly, please continue your prayers for those on our prayer lists from last week and the week before.
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in HeavenThe Lord’s Prayer
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever.
Thank you for joining us today in our prayers for the week post. Please don’t forget to pray, and leave your prayer requests for us as well so we can pray for you. Thanks, have a great day and week!