Hello my friends, and welcome to this week prayers for the week post. This has been a hard week for many people, full of sorrow and hurt, grief and pain. There have also been some praises we’ll be mentioning and giving thanks to God for, but we do have some serious praying we need to do.
I want to thank all of you for taking time today and throughout the week to pray for these prayer requests. So many people have reported to me the feeling they felt knowing that there were people lifting them up in prayer to our Father, and it’s all because you take the time to read this post and pray for those we hear from. So, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers. Now, let’s get on with this week’s prayer requests and praises.
Prayer Requests and Praises…
- My friend Karen starts us off this week, talking about how to read the Bible. Here is what she wrote: I like your goal to read through your Bible in a year. I find that if I can read at least 2 chapters a day than I’m setting the right pace. I sometimes read more if I can but then it doesn’t seem overwhelming:)
- My friend +Tabitha Woodard is a travel agent, but more importantly, she is one of my Sisters-in-Christ. We’ve been praying for a client of hers, but I found out today that her client passed away. Please rejoice because her client was a Christian and is in Heaven, but please also #pray for her parents and daughter as they mourn her loss. Please pray for God’s Peace, Comfort, and Strength to descend upon them in the days, weeks, and months ahead, for them to remember her for the beautiful child she was, and still is. Thank you everyone!
- My friend Kelly has a prayer request that she shared on Facebook. Here is what she wrote: Please pray for my friends Rysa and Todd. Last night their home burnt to the ground. They got out with only the pajamas they were wearing. They lost everything, including their vehicles. An account to collect donations is in the process of being created. I will pass that information along as soon as I have it.Thank you everyone for praying, it means the world to them.
- My friend Amanda has a prayer request for her family. Here is what she wrote: I have another prayer request. My husband has been out of work as an HR manager since November. The day he had a final interview he got a call from his oncologist that his CEA was high. He went back in for tests and they are even higher now. He has to go in fir a PET scan next Thursday to see if the cancer is back. Can we please have prayers for a cancer free result and for him finding employment soon? I know this is God’s plan but it’s a lot to carry right now! Thanks!You heard her, everyone. Please pray for her husband’s results to be cancer free, and for him to find a job soon! I know she isn’t the only one that is struggling, so if you have any prayer requests of your own, please add them so we can pray for you too! Thank you everyone!
- Please pray for my friend +Dawn Cullo and her family. Her Dad is very sick, and we need to pray for him, for Dawn and her family, and for his medical team. Dawn, I’m sorry that you are going through all of this, please know that God is looking after you all, and that in addition to His loving hand on you all, you’ve got people all over the world praying for you all as well.
My friends, life is full of ups and downs, and I know that it seems that there are a lot more people suffering with cancer now than we have ever heard from before. I don’t know if that is true or not, but what I know is that if you are like me, and are a sinner saved by Grace, then you know that your earthly body, the flesh and bone that makes up your person, is just a shell, and that it is our souls that are really important. Do all you can to spread God’s Word to those that don’t know Him, but don’t spend time worrying about the “what ifs” that life sends your way. Now, please take a moment and pray the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us our Daily Bread,
And forgive us our Trespasses,
as we forgive those who Trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory,
Forever and ever. Amen.
My friend Shannon asks for prayers. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:
Please say a prayer for Clay. We are in the ER. He got hit in the face with a foul ball. Looks like stitches, CT scan, etc. prayers prayers please.
Lord, we lift up Clay to You and Your healing hands, please look after this young man and give his parents the outcome that they need. Please take care of him, and may there be no serious injuries from his accident. It is in Your Name we pray. Amen.
My friend Dawn needs our prayers. Her Dad is gravely ill, and is in a hospice program right now. Please be with him and Dawn and her family; here is what she wrote on Facebook:
Nobody should have to live this way, my Dad is considerably worse. I am asking for prayer angels to pray for comfort.
Please pray for comfort, for Peace, for Strength, and for God’s Love to descend upon all of them. Thank you everyone.