Hello my friends, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. As I was looking at my Bible, I came to this verse — and I realized how important a verse it is in all of our lives.
James 4:7 — “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
In a nutshell, that is what it all boils down to, isn’t it? Far too often, we depend on ourselves, and the problems we face seem to grow by leaps and bounds, don’t they? In my life, I have found that as soon as I turn my cares over to the Lord, that day becomes better, more manageable, less stressful for me. But, just like with Noah found out after the flood, far too easily we fall into temptation again, and then we sin.
In my Bible Study we are studying the book of Genesis, and last week we finished our discussion on the Flood. We had already learned how steadfast Noah was in following the directives given to him by God. He spent countless years working on the ark, he witnessed and called the people to repentance at the same time, and when the rains came, he listened to God and got on the ark when he was told, and stayed on until God told him to get off. But, just like us, once he was back on solid ground, and was working and farming and making wine, he fell into temptation, got drunk, naked, and sinned. Isn’t it amazing how incredibly easy it is for a man such as Noah to fall into sin? It is the same for you and me. Sin is ever present, and the only way to fight it and the devil as he tries to put himself between us and God is to submit to God, just as James 4:7 tells us. My friends, remember this verse this week, and report back next week to let us know if your life went easier this week. Now, please take the time to read and pray for these requests and lift up the praises!
- Please pray for my dear friend Heidi’s friend Levi. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:
I just heard that the sweet boy in this picture with me was in a VERY SERIOUS motorcycle accident this morning – broken neck, two broken legs, and lots of other injuries. Please say a prayer – or lots of prayers – for Levi.
Please pray with me:
“Heavenly Father, we know that You are always there for us when we need You, and that You are looking after us all the time. Please be with Levi right now as he fights for his life, and if it is in Your will, please allow him to be healed of his terrifying injuries. Lord, we ask that You guide the hands of his medical team so that they may work with You on healing him, and that You give his family and friends the Peace, Comfort, and Strength they need — and that You give these things to Levi also. Lord, be with those that are closest to Levi, and show them that with You, all things are possible, even injuries such as he has suffered. We ask these things in the name of Your Son Jesus with Thanksgiving. Amen!”
- My friend has an unspoken prayer request. This reminds me that we don’t need to know the details, that God does know them, and that He will be able to answer the call. So, please pray with me:“Heavenly Father, we sometimes forget that there are millions and millions of unspoken prayer requests. It is easy to pray for all of these that we see listed here, but we also need to pray for those that don’t voice their requests. Lord, please lift up all of those that are hurting, that are suffering, but haven’t found the courage to speak up to be heard. Please grant them Your Peace, Comfort, and Strength so that they may be able to deal with their problems with You leading them, and not try and tackle their problems on their own. Lord, help them to see that with You all things are possible. It is in the name of Your Son Jesus that we pray with thanksgiving. Amen!I have learned that my friend’s Uncle has had a heart attack. Please also pray healing prayers for her Uncle, in addition to praying for the skill of the medical team treating him, and for the rest of what I wrote previously. Thanks everyone!
- My Dreams of Disney reader Katy left this comment:My little 17 month old fell last night and needed stitches on her forehead. Same place that she hit during the summer and needed stitches. I feel awful. I know it’s not a super important request but I just pray she doesn’t hurt herself there again.
- My Dreams of Disney reader Jerry left this comment with his prayer request:My prayers this week are for the people of the Philippines.Please pray for the people of the Philippines in this time of horrific tribulation! Thank you everyone!
- My Dreams of Disney reader Christine echoed what Jerry said:my prayers are for my motherland natives and family in the Philippines. Amen.
- On a personal note, please lift up my family, Uncle Bill, Aunt Joan, and my cousins David, Bob, and Jennifer, as they mourn their son and brother Chuck. The memorial and visitation for Chuck was on Friday November 15th, on what would have been his 50th birthday, so thank you for lifting up the family with prayers for Peace, comfort, and strength at this time. Thank you all.
- Prayers for my friend Jodi, who is in transition from Texas to Florida and their new house! Moving is always stressful, so please pray that things would go well, and that they would be able to get settled in quickly and without headache!
- My Dreams of Disney reader Amber wrote this praise — thank you, Amber!
I love the prayers of the week post you do, it is awesome! You seem to be a thoughtful, caring amazing person to take the time to write this and ask for everyone to pray for these precious people! Thank you!
- My cousin Bob wrote a beautiful statement regarding his brother Chuck. Please lift them up in praise and prayer:
Thank you to all my aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, nieces, friends and friends of Chuck. Today was a day to remember the good times and help each other with healing from the pain of loosing of a loved one. I do hope we can all get together again soon, just for the fun of it!!
And I know many people weren’t able to make it, but you were a part of Chuck’s life, too, and I thank you for that.
And thank you so much, Lori, for being my rock for me to lean on and cry. Without you, I don’t know how I would have made it through these rough waters. I told you this the other night, and I still feel the same way. Love you!!
- Lastly, special praise goes out to everyone that participated in the 2nd Annual Edenton Street UMC Block Party! It was a big success, full of fellowship, fun, and praise for God!
My friends, thank you for taking the time each week to pray for these requests! It means the world to everyone that takes the time and has the courage to share their fears, so the fact that you are praying for them means a great deal to me. Please, please, please, if you have a prayer request, leave us a comment so that we can pray for you too! Thank you, and have a blessed day!
I will continue to pray for dear Levi. What a horrific accident!
Levi is still in critical condition. Took a turn for worse this morning and needs to be lifted up in prayer.
Please pray for all the people affected by tonight’s tornado outbreak in the Midwest. I am horrified by the pictures but I pray that they find comfort.
Praying, Joanne! Thanks for remembering those in the midwest that have been struck with such a horrific turn of events. Lord, please be with them and keep them safe from harm, just like You are doing for the ones stricken with tragedy in the Philippines. It is in your name that we pray. Amen!
I want to thank Mike for this wonderful, wonderful place where we can share our joys and troubles and know that we are loved and will be lifted up in prayer. Right now, my life is undergoing a monumental change with a death in the family and the sudden addition of a very sweet, yet sad little boy who has already had such a rough start and now this too. Yet, when I come here my heart is lifted and I feel peace. So, thanks Mike for this place!
Heather, thank you for your comment — what you wrote touches my heart, and I am glad that this simple ministry has enabled you to find some Peace. I will pray for you in both your loss and your gain, and that through God’s love, you and the young boy will find joy and happiness together. May God comfort you, give you Peace, and strength in all the days ahead. I have two verses that I store right by my heart that I’m sharing with you, I think you will appreciate them:
John 16:33 (Jesus Speaking): “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
Also, with regards to the little boy who has come into your life, teach him this verse — it will serve him throughout his life:
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Show this young boy in your life that God is looking after him, tell him that through God all things are possible, and show him that the love you have for him is small compared to the love that God has for all of us.
Thank you for stopping by, and please keep us updated on how things are going for you all.
In His Service,
Please pray for my friend Theresa, here is what she wrote on Facebook:
Everyone, please pray for my cousin Joseph Chipchase. His heart is failing and he needs all the prayers he can get! Thank you.
Prayers needed for Virginia State Senator Creigh Deeds, who was stabbed and is in critical condition, and his son, who was shot and killed. Here is what I saw on FB from my friend Tracey:
A sad day here in Virginia. Prayers appreciated. Va State Senator stabbed and in critical condition, his 24 year old son was shot and killed. Also, an early morning shooting at one of Liberty University’s housing areas leaves one student dead after an altercation with a campus police officer. (Matt attends Liberty University. Campus is open).
Investigators believe Virginia state Sen. Creigh Deeds was stabbed by his son, who then shot himself in an early morning altercation in their home, state police said.
Creigh Deeds, who was stabbed repeatedly in the head and torso, has been upgraded from critical to fair condition, a hospital spokeswoman said. His son, 24-year-old Austin “Gus” Deeds, died from his gunshot wound.
I have an update on one of our prayer requests! Here is what Lisa wrote — you may remember her prayer request for her husband who had a brain tumor:
Thank you for praying. God is good, and surgery was a success! Brain tumor out on Thursday and home on Saturday!! Now we await pathology report to determine next course of action.
Love the prayers every week! Thank you for sharing this with us and I’m sure everyone appreciates all the prayers. Everyone needs prayers! Thank you! <3
Thank you, Amber!
Prayers for the family of Diane Disney Miller, the daughter of Walt and Lillian Disney, on her passing. She died due to complications from a fall. She was 79. Please pray for the strength and comfort of all of the family as they mourn the loss of their wife, mother, and grandmother. However, let’s give praise also for all that Mrs. Miller did in promoting the legacy that her Daddy left behind, and give thanks to God for her life!
I have a friend in need of prayers for her husband. Here is what she wrote:
I need to ask for some prayers. Daniel’s office here in Atlanta closed so he is looking for a job. He has a second interview tomorrow morning for a new position in a different company. Please send prayers that God provides him guidance during his interview and opens the mind and ears of the interviewer to know how valuable he would be to this company. HR is a rough career to have in this economic climate so to find something this quickly would be amazing! Thanks!
My friend Stephanie posted a praise for little Addison, but a prayer request for her family. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:
Please keep the family of little Addison Miles in your prayers. Addison lost her battle with cancer earlier this evening. Heaven has gained a beautiful angel! May God be with her family and bring them peace during this difficult time.