Hello my friends, and thank you for stopping by today for our Prayers for the Week post. Today we are taking a look at the Simple Life, that life that we all long for where the complications are lessened, the stresses are not as great, and we are all able to enjoy all of the things that make our lives worth living. In short, the simple life isn’t any particular thing — and for each of us, what defines the simple life is perhaps totally different. But I believe that it is the small things in life, the small little details, that truly make our lives have meaning. Here are the things that I enjoy that give my life meaning:
- Praying to my Lord. Praying to God is what truly makes my life the blessing that it is.
- Reading my Bible. I’ve committed this year to reading through the entire Bible — which, when you look at it as a whole, seems daunting. However, when you break it down into small pieces, it’s truly not that bad at all and is quite manageable.
- Loving my wife and daughter and dog. The simple act of love puts my life into focus, it gives me meaning and purpose, and makes me realize just what is important.
- Slowing down. I know that it isn’t always possible, but whenever I can, I try to slow down, to take things a little more relaxed, and just appreciate the small details a little bit more.
- My Bible Study. One of the things that I draw great enjoyment from is studying the Word with my fellow Brothers-In-Christ. That’s why I enjoy the Men’s Study so much — it brings all of us together with a common purpose and gives us meaning.
What things do you enjoy that give your life meaning? Today, take some time to remember what they are, and take a little more time to enjoy those things. I think if you do that, you will reset your brain just a bit, and you will find yourself that much closer to God as a result. Now, please pray for these prayer requests and praises.
Prayer Requests and Praises…
- I’m starting us off with a praise from my friend Rosanne. Here is what she wrote on Facebook: Yesterday my cousin Heather said “I do” to her soul mate Steve. It was truly a wonderful day and the bride was glowing. They have been together through thick and thin and I have no doubt they’ll get their happily ever after. I love you both. Steve, welcome to the “family.” Tom is thrilled to have another Farrell grad to add to the bunch. Congratulations Heather and Steve!
- Another praise! My friends Carrie and Scott are now parents again! Their little baby boy was born on Thursday the 20th! Congratulations you two!
- This is a slow week for prayer requests, so I’ll close with one prayer request for all of us — please pray for all of the anonymous prayer requests and also for the prayer requests that we don’t hear about. Please lift them up to the Lord so that He will hear our prayers and lift up those that are scared or timid or just don’t know to ask us to pray for them.
And now, like always, let’s close with the Lord’s Prayer:
Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us our Daily Bread,
And forgive us our Trespasses,
as we forgive those who Trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory,
Forever and ever. Amen.