7for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. ~ 2Timothy 1:7 (ESV)
Hello everyone, and thank you for joining us in our weekly prayers for the week post. Last week I spent the week in Orlando at a training session for my travel agent business, and returned home last night. I was supposed to return home on Friday evening, but a security incident at the airport caused me to miss my connecting flight and as a result my flight was rescheduled. Briefly what happened was a battery exploded at the airport, and it caused a panic because people thought it was a gunshot. That caused an evacuation of the terminal, and then everyone had to go back through security again.
Throughout all of that, though, the terminal was calm, people did what had to be done, and really no one that I encountered seemed angry or let their temper get the best of them. In honesty, it surprised me that more people didn’t get angry at the mass chaos that was going on but I commended one mom who was telling her child that they had to walk back to the terminal to be rechecked. She was calm and was explaining to her child that we needed to do that for safety reasons. Many people could have been angry at this time, but like she said to me, getting angry over the circumstances wouldn’t help — it’s not like getting angry would cause them to change their minds about going through security again.
Throughout it all, the overwhelming thought I had time and time again was that we had nothing to fear; that God’s got this and that He would take care of His children. That was a great thought to have and I relied on it throughout. God’s got this — and He’s got all of our prayer requests taken care of as well, so please continue reading with me our prayer requests and praises.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- We have an anonymous prayer request: Matt and I are pregnant, but things are not going as they should. I’ve been to the doctor all week for blood work to monitor my HcG levels, and when they should have doubled in numbers, they’ve only increased by 100 miU/mL.
I’m scheduled to return tomorrow for more bloodwork, and we really need your prayers. I already feel God’s plan working out as He intends it. But there are challenges present in either outcome, and they’re hard to comprehend.
- Mrs. Lucas has a praise for her friend Madge that we had been praying for: I have a praise! My friend Madge, who had heart surgery and was in ICU for a week. She is finally in Rehab and sounds great! She is getting stronger everyday! Madge and I appreciate your powerful prayers! God Bless!
- We have an anonymous prayer request: So tomorrow we take our 5 month old to see a neurosurgeon…he has what has been diagnosed as craniosynostosis. This is where at least one of the sutures in the skull closes prematurely (they usually close around 2-3yrs of age to allow for the brain to grow). It seems to be common, happening about 1 in 2000 births, and is more common in males. We thank God that he currently does not seem to have and cognitive development issues from it, and it doesn’t seem to affect him in any way. It’s looking like surgery to reshape his skull followed by a helmet. We will know more tomorrow after our appointment. If surgery is our option we just pray that he is young enough for the endoscopic procedure. And we will pray that God guides the surgeons hands throughout his surgery. To my family in this group, we have not put this publicly on FaceBook yet.
We just want our little boy to continue to be the happy baby he is and we want to get through this obstacle in his health so he can continue to grow.
Thank you in advance for your prayers.
- Lynn has a prayer request: Hi everyone.
I have a prayer request for a friend of mine since high school. Her son was just hit by a car while driving his moped home from work. Lots of cuts, pain when breathing and head hurting.
- Karen has praises and prayer requests: I have an amazing praise to share as well as an almost equally tragic prayer request. My praise is that my SIL, my brother, and myself have all received jobs at Amazon with amazing benefits! My prayer request is for my SILs hairdresser. She was just diagnosed with cancer, at 7 months pregnant, with only a week or so to live. They are trying to hold old for the baby as long as they can, but it’s such a tragedy. She is just the sweetest young woman, and I can’t even imagine what her family and husband are going through in these times.
- Lord please be with that family and keep them close to You. If it is Your Will please heal her and keep the family whole. Also Lord we lift up praises to you for Karen and her family and their jobs. In His name we pray. Amen
Now, please close with us by praying the prayer that Jesus taught His Disciples and us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.