Hello my friends, thank you for stopping by today for our weekly Prayers for the Week post. Last month I wrote about Isaiah 41:10. So why am I focusing on this Bible verse again in just a month? Sometimes I don’t know why I pick a particular verse, but I am led to talk about it more. In this case, I think one of the reasons is because there is so much fear and uncertainty in the world, so much doubt, so much evil, that people are walking around scared and afraid, even if you don’t think so by looking at them from the outside. In case you don’t remember, here is the text from Isaiah 41:10:
10fear not, for I am with you;be not dismayed, for I am your God;I will strengthen you, I will help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. ~ Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)
What ways do you incorporate to help you with facing your fears? Do you tackle it on your own, do you call on your family for help, do you turn to God, or do you just ignore the fear and keep moving? I would guess that for most of us, it is all of those answers and then some that we use to try and deal with the fears that we face in our lives. I would love to hear how you deal with your fears. Please let us know in the comments below, and thanks for stopping by! Now, please pray for all of these requests, and add your prayer requests as well to our comments so we can pray for you! God Bless You all, and thanks for stopping by today!
Prayer Requests and Praises…
- Please pray for my friend Linda. Her Granddaughter Tina is only 3 years old and recently had to have an appendectomy. She is still in the hospital. Please pray for her fast healing and safe journey home from Florida.Thank you!
- My friend Sherry asked for prayers for her friend and mine Angie. Here is what she wrote:At Duke Ambulatory with Angie. Her surgery is scheduled at 7:15. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Love you kiddo. You will soon be free of pain and feeling great again.The great update is that she came through the surgery with flying colors, so please continue to pray healing prayers for her and peaceful prayers for Sherry. Thanks!
- My friend Nancy needs some prayers for her Mom. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:
Need prayers right now,mommy is in the hospital and not sure whats going on
Please pray for Nancy’s mom, prayers for peace, for healing, for comfort, and for strength, for her and her family as well. Thank you.
- Please also pray for my friend Sheila, for all of the concerns she has on her heart — prayers for Peace, for Healing, for Comfort, for Strength, and for Hope. Thank you.
- Lastly, please pray for all of the families out there that are struggling for whatever reason. Pray for their Peace, pray for their Love, pray for their Understanding, pray for the parents, pray for the children, pray for them all. There are so many families that are split up, so many families that have problems, pray for God to descend upon them all so that they can be the families that God calls us to be.
Thank you for praying with us, now, please pray the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed by Thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our Trespasses,
As we forgive those who Trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory,
Forever and ever. Amen.
My friend Nancy has an update on her Mom — give Praise to God!
Thank you for prayers my friends ! Mommy is home resting comfortably. Scar tissue from surgeries are causing the pain. Blood work and ct scan showed she’s healthy as a momma bear. Thank you Lord !!!
Prayers for my friend Joyce and her husband Milton. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:
prayer warriors needed. my husband Milton is fighting high blood pressure and can not get it down. he is currently on 2 meds and it is not working. he can not sleep, little appetite and he feels so bad. also my cousin Jennifer
Hodges Blythe needs prayer for her husband Dale who is suffering from heart problems. touch our men Lord and heal them. if it will be your will Lord let us spend many more years together with our husbands.thanks
Lord, please be with Milton and Joyce — comfort them, heal them, take away their stress, their fear, their worry. Please grant them many more days together. In Your Name we pray. Amen.
A reminder from my sister-in-law Sandy. Thanks Sandy for sharing via Facebook:
God has laid up spiritual blessings for us in his Son the Lord Jesus; but requires us to draw them out and fetch them in by prayer. Even the best Christians need to be prayed for: and while we hear of the welfare of Christian friends, we should pray for them. Even true believers greatly want heavenly wisdom. Are not the best of us unwilling to come under God’s yoke, though there is no other way to find rest for the soul? Do we not for a little pleasure often part with our peace? And if we dispute less, and prayed more with and for each other, we should daily see more and more what is the hope of our calling, and the riches of the Divine glory in this inheritance.
My friend Chris shares urgent prayer requests for a young man named Hudson. Here is what he wrote on Facebook today, 9/21:
HUDSON FOUND A HEART!! Surgery is tonight. Please pray throughout the night for the Drs, nurses, Hudson, his family and the family who lost their baby.
Please pray for all involved. God’s Will will see this through, but our prayers will help also! Thanks everyone!
Hudson is off bypass, heart is beating on its own. God is Good!
Please pray for the family of David Swisher, a former co-worker of my wife Cindy. David passed away very recently unexpectedly. Please pray for God’s Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love to descend upon David’s family, and please pray for his salvation, as we don’t know if he knew Jesus. His family has a tough road ahead, so please keep them in your prayers for a while.
My friend Rebecca has a prayer request. Here is what she wrote on Facebook:
I talked with my parents last night & was told that my father has a brain tumor. He seemed in good spirits & assured me it’s nothing to worry about. Dad is seeing the surgeons on Tuesday to find out what exactly the procedure entails & to schedule it. Please keep my dad in your prayers for an easy procedure, a quick recovery, & good health. Thank you.
Please pray healing prayers for her dad, and prayers for Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love for all of the family. Thanks everyone!