Hello my friends, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. Today we are going to talk about the Bible, what it is, what it means for us, and why we sometimes can understand it and why we sometimes can’t.
The Bible is…
- First and foremost, the Bible is the Word of God. In it, He tells us how we were made, how the heavens and the earth were made, and what we are to do.
- It is our strength when we need it. Just read some of your verses on strength and you will instantly be renewed.
- It is our hope.
- The Bible is the ultimate love story, the story of God’s love for us, so much that He sent His Son to die for our sins.
- Lastly, the Bible tells us our path to salvation, how we can live forever with God in Heaven.
I could go on and on what the Bible is, but in reality, the simple answer is this: The Bible is the Truth. When you are down and out on life, when you feel like it is never going to get better, or when you feel like life is the best it has ever been, open the book, read the Bible, and find out that the fallen world we live in is not the end, but just a path on our journey.
Prayer Requests and Praises…
- My friend Lisa left this update and prayer request on our Facebook page. Here is what she wrote:Wonderful verse! My husband Matt is still undergoing chemotherapy for his second brain tumor. He takes it for 5 days, then off for 23 and that cycle continues through most of 2014. He has a great attitude through it all! Our oldest son, Lake, who will be 16 next week, made two trips to the ER suffering two migraines last week – new for him. His cat scan blood work were normal so we’re helping him with this by making sure he eats properly, stays hydrated and sleeps enough. You can imagine the scare that was with his dad’s illness! Thank you & God bless.
Please pray for Matt and Lake as they battle their conditions, and for Lisa for her strength, peace, and comfort as she helps out her family. Thanks!
- My friend Joyce needs prayers. Here is what she wrote:PRAYERS NEED!!!!My husband needs prayers right now. he shows signs of a stroke. he refused to go on rescue squad or let us carry him to hospital. I know it is Gods will not mind but I do want to spends lots more years with him. he is sleeping right now. I prayed over him and I need your help with prayers.
Please pray with me: Heavenly Father, we know that you know what is going on with Your Servant Joyce. Please be with her and her husband, and heal what ails him. She is scared, Lord, so please let Your Peace descend upon her and her husband, and guide them in their journey forward. Please also grand her and her husband the Strength, Comfort, and Love to get through this, and if it is Your Will, allow him to get the medical treatment that he needs. It is in the name of Your Son Jesus that we pray. Amen!
- Please continue to pray for my friend Dee and her medical conditions, and please continue to pray for her Father-in-Law Jim. The mass is cancer, and the medical team is working on treatment options now, so please continue to lift them all up on your prayers for healing, Peace, Comfort, and Strength in the days, weeks, and months ahead. Thank you all for your prayers!
And now my friends, we close out our prayers for the week by praying the prayer that Jesus taught us all to pray. Please pray with me:
Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our Daily Bread,
And forgive us our Trespasses,
as we forgive those who Trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory,
Forever and ever. Amen.