Thy Will Be Done!
The four most powerful words that can ever be spoken in prayer are simply “Thy will be done.” By saying those words to God, you — me — us — we are telling God up front that we are putting our situations in His Hands — to do with as He would. In the Father Tim series of books about the fictional town of Mitford, NC that writer Jan Karan penned, Father Tim calls that prayer “the prayer that never fails.” He is absolutely right.
So, Lord, today we come to you with cares on our hearts, prayers on our lips, petitions for You that we need to utter, and desires that we wish You to take care of for us. In each of them, though, we are committing to turn them all over to you with the additional words thy will be done, knowing that if You desire it for us, then that is what it will be. Lord, hear our prayers, and thank You for loving us so much — us, the unloveable — that You sent Your Son Jesus to us to pay the ultimate penalty for our sin. We love You too, Lord.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Leslie starts us off with what was an immediate prayer need she posted in our Facebook Group: My best friend’s husband is en route to a shooting the next town over. Shooter is barricaded in the house. Joey is my friend’s husband, he’s a police officer. Please, pray. ~ Lord, hear our prayer. Thy Will be done.
- Then, later on, the update: Thank you everyone! No law enforcement was hurt during this incident, but I’m not sure about the others involved in the actual shooting. Your prayers were heard, and were felt by my dear friend. We all thank you so much!
- Kipp has a prayer request for a little two month old baby boy: Please pray for Lucas Stewart 2mths old with a viral infection on the way to the hospital for treatment. Please pray for him. Thanks in advance. ~ Lord, hear our prayer. Thy Will be done.
- Cindy has a prayer request: Please pray for my co-worker, Ruthie. She has custody of her 3 young grandchildren and is facing some health issues. ~ Lord, hear our prayer. Thy Will be done.
- Cindy has an update on Ruthie: Ruthie is somewhat better today. She had a procedure done yesterday and is still hospitalized for the next few days. Thank you for keeping her in your prayers.
- Lord, thank You for hearing our prayers for Charles! He is back home and doing much better!
- Lord, thank You for also hearing our prayers for David and Louise. David is doing much better!
- Lord, I’d love to make enough money to be able to fully support my family. ~ Thy will be done.
- Lord, I’d love to see all marriages that are having trouble turn to You for guidance. ~ Thy will be done.
- Lord, I’d love to see all suffering in this world come to an end. ~ Thy will be done.
- Lord, I’d love to see all non-believers turn to You and announce their believe in Your Son, Jesus, and what He did for us on the cross. ~ Thy will be done.
- Lord, I’d like to wish all of the fathers out there a Happy Father Day, and to thank You for giving me my dad! Dad, I love you!
- Lastly, Lord, I’d love to see all of us give of ourselves completely to You — not just some of the time, but all of the time. Help us to do that, Lord. ~ Thy will be done.
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.