1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord.
4 Blessed is the man who makes
the Lord his trust,
who does not turn to the proud,
to those who go astray after a lie!
5 You have multiplied, O Lord my God,
your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
yet they are more than can be told.
6 In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted,
but you have given me an open ear.
Burnt offering and sin offering
you have not required.
7 Then I said, “Behold, I have come;
in the scroll of the book it is written of me:
8 I delight to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart.”
9 I have told the glad news of deliverance
in the great congregation;
behold, I have not restrained my lips,
as you know, O Lord.
10 I have not hidden your deliverance within my heart;
I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation;
I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness
from the great congregation.
11 As for you, O Lord, you will not restrain
your mercy from me;
your steadfast love and your faithfulness will
ever preserve me! ~ Psalm 40:1-11 (ESV)
My friends, welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. Today we’ve got some good news and some bad news, some joys amongst the sorrow, and some prayers that continue on. Today seems like a good day to remind ourselves what David wrote in Psalm 40: no matter what befalls us, no matter what trials and tribulations we experience in our lives — and believe me, we all face trials and tribulations — no matter what, we can overcome it if we make sure to turn to God for help. Our prayers today are no less than any other day, our struggle is no less than on any other day, but the beauty of all of that is that God is certainly no less now than He has ever been. Take heart in that, my brothers and sisters, and remember to turn to Him for all of our needs. Now, please continue reading our prayer requests and praises below.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Amanda has praises for her husband Daniel’s latest health report and also continued prayers for his healing: I realized this morning that I never posted the results of my husband’s scan here. God is great and our prayer warriors are awesome! Daniel’s results show he is responding to the chemotherapy. We aren’t in the clear yet but we did make progress. From the scan results: “Multiple lung nodules with some increased in size from the prior scan but with previously noted hypermetabolism in some of these nodules no longer present.” Basically, 3 of the 4 tumors in his lungs are no longer active but some did get a little bigger. The one tumor in his lung and the tumor in his abdomen are less active but still active. The tumor in his abdomen is also slightly larger. YAY! So we moved ahead of the cancer on this fight but haven’t won it yet. We will continue with the chemotherapy as long as it is working or as long as Daniel can tolerate it. Thanks for all of your prayers!
- We’ve been praying for Amanda and Daniel for three years now. We’ve seen good praises and heartfelt prayer requests. We’ve seen ups and downs, and we know that it’s not finished yet. But we also know that despite the circumstances, Amanda, Daniel, and their daughter Cate have their eyes to God, and He is working miracles in their lives.
- Please pray for Tabitha’s family. Her sister’s father-in-law recently passed away in an accident, and everyone is grieving. Please pray for God’s Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love to surround them all.
- Jodi has some prayer requests and praises: No wonder my friend was nervous about this procedure! Please pray for Christine as she has radiosurgery on brain tumors today. Please also pray for my brother, Ken. His knee re-replacement is at 1PM Central time. Thank you!
- Great news, Christine’s surgery went well and she is resting, and Ken’s knee surgery went well also!
- Sheila has some prayer requests: My friend Aaliz her nephew is very ill and had a brain tumor removed. Please pray for him. Here is her note:UPDATE: Jesse really needs prayers. He is running a high fever. We are now praying that he did not suffer brain damage! Please continue your prayers and healing energies!! HEAL CANCER :PRAYER REQUEST FOR MY YOUNG 25 YEAR OLD NEPHEW AND HIS FAMILY!! Colton his five-year-old son really needs him!! RE: Jesse’s had a bleeding brain tumor, which was removed. Please reach out to any prayer warriors you know!
- Mikel has a prayer request: For my daughter’s good friend Megan who is having medical issues.
Now, let’s pray the prayer that Jesus taught His Disciples to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.
Finally, one last reminder of all that God has in store for us, from the Prophet Jeremiah:
11For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. ~ Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)