8And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” ~ Isaiah 6:8 (ESV)
Good morning good people, and welcome to today’s Prayers for the Week post. Today we are focusing on Isaiah 6:8, when we learn of God’s calling to Isaiah. Can you imagine God speaking, asking His Heavenly Host who will go? Can you imagine God asking that question of you each and every day of your life?
Well, the simple answer is that God does ask that question each day of us. Each day God asks each of us “Who will do My Will?” Each day He asks us to take up His Cross for Him, and each day so many of us say “I’ll do it tomorrow God.”
My prayer for each of us, myself included, is that from now on, when God asks who He should send, each and every one of us will scream from the top of our lungs like Isaiah did: “Here I am! Send me.”
Will you join me in serving God in any way that He asks of us? One way to do so is by praying to Him each morning, each evening, all day, every day. You can start by praying with us the prayer requests listed below and lift up to God His praises.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Sheila has a great praise report from Friday! We have been praying for her daughter Jagan and her selection for high school. Well, here is what Sheila wrote: Thank you all for your prayers. Jagan was accepted to Champs High School. We are so very grateful for all of your thoughts and prayers.
- We continue our prayers for Jodi’s Father-in-Law: Please continue prayers for my FIL, who is recovering from a severe head injury. He fell/fainted(?) this morning. Checks out ok at doctor physically. He is still struggling very much with affects of this injury: cannot control emotions, is extremely impulsive, is very angry and frustrated, and is still being very mean to his wife (who has to keep reminding herself it is the injury talking). Please pray as he heals there are no long-term or permanent effects to his personality and that he has a full recovery. Thank you!
- Today we join Hiro in praying for her father. Here is what she wrote: Could you pray for my father please? I can’t go into things but he has his demons and it’s affecting the people who love and admire him so much. Thank you so much.
- Please continue praying for my friend Laurel — her mom is really sick. Here’s what she wrote: Please pray for my mom, Donna Potter. She is in the ICU with complications of her cancer.
- Jodi also asks for prayers for her brother Ken: Please keep my brother Ken in prayer. A year ago he had total knee replacement, but it never healed properly. Turns out there is major infection in there that will require another surgery to re-replace the whole joint and clean out the infection. He will take home an IV he will have to have for 6 weeks! He is confident the surgery will go well and all, but he is alone, as his wife passed away in September. The only family left in the Dallas area are my other brother Tom and his wife & kids and Ken’s step-daughter, Cami & her family, who live near Austin. Tom & his family will do what they can, and Cami has said she can spend the week following the surgery with him. Please pray friends from his church will be able to help as well, and that he gets through this without complication. Thank you!
- Please continue praying for our neighbor Tina as she recovers from her heart surgery. She’s improving and has come home, but still needs prayers for her and her husband.
- Friends, please pray for Jessica and Chris. They are fostering a family of 4 siblings, but one of them did not work out. Jessica and Chris are strong Christians, but I know that their hearts are heavy right now, so please pray for them, for their foster children, for the one that had to leave their nest, and that God would bring them all back together if it is His Will to do so. Thank you everyone.
- Please continue praying for Shannan and for everyone involved in the fallen police officer. The memorial service was this past week, but please be with her and all involved in this in spirit, and pray for God’s Peace, Comfort, Strength, and Love to surround them all.
- Please pray for my friend Pam. Here’s her request: Once again, I need to ask all my facebook friends to lift Ronnie up in prayer. Yes, once again, it’s that time…time for surgery. He has another one this week. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
- Thank you for praying for Susan’s husband Ronnie, who had heart surgery. He is doing very well in his recovery, so please keep praying for him and all of their family.
- Thank you for praying for Cindy’s co-worker Tommy, he had his surgery and is recovering nicely. Thank you for continuing to pray!
Now, please join with us in one voice as we pray the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.
Lastly, join in our worship by listening in and singing along with the video for “Here I am, Lord.”