Hello, my friends, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. This will be an emotional day for my family today, as we say goodbye to Tommy today. Tommy is just 3 months younger then Cindy, so this has hit her especially hard, in addition to the feelings of grief and loss that Debbie and Paula feel. Please pray for their strength, comfort, and God’s Peace to all of the family that is hurting right now.
If you missed last week’s post, please go back and read it — it is the perfect example of why our prayers matter, because He is Risen!
- Prayers for God’s Peace and Strength on our family this morning. Tommy Gibbs passed away Thursday, April 4th, 2013. Please be with the family, especially his wife and other family as they deal with the grief and heartache of knowing that their husband/father/uncle/cousin is no longer with us. We all know that he is in a better place now, so the focus now shifts to the family left behind. Lift them up, please, as they struggle to move on, day by day, week by week, minute by minute, and remember that life does go on, even when we don’t think it ever could.Thanks, everyone. These requests mean so much more to me then you could ever know.
- My friend Amanda needs some prayers for her little girl. Here is what she posted on Facebook:We recently found out that Kennedy has a Congenital Diaphgragmatic Hernia that went undiagnosed during my pregnancy. We met with an amazing surgeon today at our local children’s hospital. She’ll be having surgery soon. From what we’ve been told, she is our little miracle in that she is happy, thriving and otherwise healthy, which is not usually the case with this diagnoses.Please keep my brave little girl in your thoughts.
- We would also like continued prayers for the little 4 year old boy and his family that were getting ready to start their cruise on Saturday, 3/30. The little boy nearly drowned, and I haven’t heard any update, so please keep them all in your prayers until we find out more information. Thanks.
- Please pray for the family of Doris, who is a neighbor of mine. She passed away last week after a long life, and while we are praising her life, we are still sad that she is gone. Please pray for God’s Peace, strength, and comfort to all of the family that knew her best, that they may be comforted in the good memories they have of her.
- The first praise is for Tommy, who was led to have his re-baptism ceremony nearly three weeks ago. Because he stood up for Jesus, Jesus is now standing up for Tommy, as it is written in Matthew Chapter 10, Verse 32:
Jesus said “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.”
- What started out as a prayer request was a praise by the end of the week! Here is what was written for my good buddy Chad:“My friend Chad and his family need prayers to make sure the house they are looking at is the right house for them. Please pray for guidance for him and his family, that God would keep the door open for them if this is where He wants them to be, or that He would show them a better alternative if that is what He desires of them. Thanks!”
I know that there are probably a lot more prayer requests and praises then I listed here, but if there are, I can’t remember them. Please keep our previous prayer requests in your thoughts, even though the week has moved on, doesn’t mean that the need is now gone. Thanks for praying all of these prayers, and lifting up these praises, it means a lot to me, as it does to everyone else that has left a prayer request.
- Prayers of the Week (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Prayers for the Week, March 10, 2013 (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Prayers for the Week, March 17, 2013 (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Prayers for the Week, March 24, 2013 (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- He is Risen! Jesus is Risen, indeed! (mydreamsofdisney.com)