Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled
“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”John 14:1-4
Hello everyone, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. There are a lot of things to pray for this week, and several have had loved ones pass away, so today I was drawn to John 14:1-4 for words of comfort from our Lord and Savior, Jesus. Friends, isn’t in amazing all of the places in the Bible that God points out words of comfort to us for when we are facing tribulation of some sort? Sadly, to the non-believer, things like that seems foolish to them, and they are not capable of understanding how we could draw comfort from the words in a book that was written two thousand years ago. Pray for those that aren’t saved, my friends, pray that they would develop a curiosity to know the truth more, to know what the real Truth is, and Who is the author of that Truth. Pray that they would put aside their skepticism just a little bit and ask someone why we believe what we believe.
If you find yourself curious to learn more about who this Jesus is and why He is so important, reach out to us. Start here with a prayer post that includes the sinner’s prayer for salvation.
Now, please pray with us on our prayer requests and praises.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Pam has a prayer request for her daughter-in-law Sara: “Please remember my daughter in law Sara Hill in the loss of her dad after a 3 week battle with pancreatic cancer. Thank you Mike.”
- John has a prayer request for some answers to a medical issue: “Answers to a health question I’ve been dealing with…would appreciate it very much. Thanks Mike!”
- Stephanie has a prayer request for her grandson: “Please keep my grandson, James, in your prayers. He’s not getting enough fluid to his brain, so doctors are thinking he may need brain surgery.”
- Emily asks for prayers for her family: “Please pray for my family who is having some medical issues.”
- Kelly has a prayer request for her friend: “I have a friend who is fighting a battle with breast cancer and she has awesome faith in the Lord. If you could say a prayer for her, her husband, children and her entire family. She is one of the best people I know.”
- Please pray for the family of my friend Kathleen. Kathleen lost her father yesterday. Please pray for God’s Peace, Strength, Comfort, and Love to surround them all in the days ahead, and especially for her mother and her two children.
- Please pray for the family of Mrs. Rackley. Mrs. Rackley was Sophie’s band teacher at Carroll Middle School for 7th and 8th grade, and she passed away on the 4th. She was 37 years old. Please pray for her family, especially her husband and her two children in their time of grief. Thanks everyone!
- From my Dad, Joe: “That Black Lab & Treeing Walker Coonhound arrived in his forever home full of attitude and convinced he was ‘alpha’. Yes, Spike was a handful in the beginning, but he became calm and submissive, indeed he became Spike the Wonder Dog! After nearly eight years here in his forever home, he crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, even as Ellie and I witnessed a beautiful rainbow while driving home from the Vet’s office. Rest in Peace Ole Graybeard, you will live forever in our hearts and minds, you were indeed a Wonder Dog! Joe & Ellie. Spike Jan. 6, 2007 – July 2, 2019.” Please pray for my parents in their loss of Spike.
- Also, my Dad will be having a procedure in the coming weeks to remove cancer from his lung. The surgeon believes it to be about 1 1/2 inches long that needs to be removed. Please pray for him, his medical team, and my Mom and family during this time. The date is TBD. Thanks!
- Jodi has a prayer request: “My sister’s father-in-law passed away last night after 7 months battling lung cancer. It will be a very hard loss on the family. Please pray for them! Thank you so much!”
- Please remember the prayer requests we had in last week’s post as well.
Thank you all for praying with us! As always, feel free to join our Facebook Group, and feel free to also leave your prayer requests in the comments below. Now, please join us in praying the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray.
Our Father, who art in HeavenThe Lord’s Prayer
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever.