We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.Hebrews 6:19-20
Hope – Anchor for the Soul
Friends, this week has shown us a lot of sorrow, a lot of family and friends suffering loss. We have friends and family in hospice, ones called home, and loss and grief left behind. We have families learning about life after losing a loved one, and as usual, we have prayers for those that are lost. However, we have one very powerful thing that a lot of people who don’t know Jesus as their Lord and Savior don’t have. We have hope. We know that God is with us during our storms, and that He is hear for us and to guide us through the storms of life. So, while life is hard, it can be better knowing that God is guiding us. Please continue reading and joining us in praying for our prayer requests and praises below.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Amanda starts us off with a prayer request: “Please pray for a high school basketball friend of mine and her family. Her 6 year battle with lung cancer (she never smoked) is coming to an end. She is home in hospice care. She has 2 teenage children.”
- Jodi has a prayer request: “Please keep my sister-in-law in prayer this weekend. She has sold all belongings except what she needs and, of course, special items, and she is moving from their family home in Dallas to an apartment in Oklahoma. Her hope is to gain employment with the University of Oklahoma where her daughter now attends, thus having free or greatly discounted school tuition for both kids (son would transfer), as well as steady income and benefits. She also has family in the area and is originally from the area, so this helps, but as you can imagine, this is a HUGE adjustment for all of them as they continue to go forward from the loss of my brother. Please also continue prayer for both kids. I understand my niece had a pretty good breakdown the other day and is struggling emotionally. Thanks!”
- Joseph has a prayer request: “Please pray for my family, My Aunt Mary has gone to be with our Heavenly Father.”
- Mrs. Lucas asks for prayers: “Please pray for my young friend, Mike! He is entering hospice care with a prognosis of 30 days! God is great! I still pray is is healed!”
- Bridget has a prayer request for her Mom: “Please say a prayer for my Mom as she has surgery tomorrow. Thank you.” (Note: the surgery was on the 20th, here’s an update)
- Mom’s surgery went well and she seems to be doing ok. Thank all of you for your prayers. It means a lot.
- Lori has a prayer request for her friends: “Barbara entered Heaven’s Gates this morning. Her son, Rex, is a good friend and it’s been a long road through hospice. Barbara was a fighter & she still knew she had work to attend to on this earth. Her works were apparently accomplished to her satisfaction today and she slipped away peacefully. Thank you, God, for taking her home peacefully!
Please pray for Peace, Comfort, & Healing for Rex and his family. Thank you.”
- Jennifer has a prayer request: “Just say a little prayer for my good friend Michelle who’s mom is having back surgery today. Also keep my family in your prayers as well.”
- Lori has an additional prayer request: “Asking prayers for a former co-worker of mine. Rochelle has so many talents, skills, and abilities but the thought of being out of work at 60 daunts her after 32 years with the same company. I have told her that it will not be easy but she & I are STRONGER then we think we are!”
- Lastly, please pray for all of those that don’t know how or what to pray, as well as for the lost who don’t know who God is. Now, please pray with us the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in HeavenThe Lord’s Prayer
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not in temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever.