I am very excited to be filling in on the Teal line this month! Thanks to Dave and Mary for letting me join in as they have some regular team members that aren’t able to make it this month! The topic this month is “Getting or Giving Disney for Christmas! Now what?”
This is a huge topic for me because, as fate would have it, my wife and I are planning on surprising our daughter with the announcement of a trip to Disneyland for Christmas! We have never been to Disneyland before, so this will be a huge deal for us as we take our Disney passion across the country and have a one week gig in Anaheim, California at Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa!
My plans for the announcement are that we are going to wrap a box with some essential items, this is some of what I had in mind:
- Birnbaum’s Guide to Disneyland — they have one for kids for Walt Disney World, I’m looking to see if they make a similar one for Disneyland. My daughter Sophie loves it!
- The Disneyland Planning DVD — an absolute must for any family planning a trip to Disney, especially for the first time like we are this time.
- Printouts of the maps of the resorts
- A printout of our reservation confirmation email from DVC!
We likely won’t be buying our tickets until later on, as well as our airplane tickets, so those will wait a bit. I think there will be some other things, as I see something that strikes my mind, but if you have any ideas, leave them in the comments!
Now, after the announcement, there is still some things that we need to take care of. This includes the following:
- Determining what we are doing with regards to dining.
- Look in more detail at all of the things that we are going to see, and prioritize our ride choices.
- Purchase our airline tickets.
- Purchase our park tickets.
This will be a fun trip, and I can’t wait until Christmas morning! For the record, on December 25, 2012, we will have exactly 177 days until our trip!
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is A Disney Mom’s Thoughts.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Loop should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
- Magical Blogorail Red: My Favorite Walt Disney Quote! (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Magical Blogorail Orange: My Disney Bucket List! (mydreamsofdisney.com)