Welcome to those of you joining me from Capturing Magical Memories and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 3rd stop on our Magical Blogorail.
I am very excited to be filling in on the Teal line this month! Thanks to Dave and Mary for letting me join in as they have some regular team members that aren’t able to make it this month! The topic this month is “Getting or Giving Disney for Christmas! Now what?”
This is a huge topic for me because, as fate would have it, my wife and I are planning on surprising our daughter with the announcement of a trip to Disneyland for Christmas! We have never been to Disneyland before, so this will be a huge deal for us as we take our Disney passion across the country and have a one week gig in Anaheim, California at Disney’s Grand Californian Resort & Spa!
My plans for the announcement are that we are going to wrap a box with some essential items, this is some of what I had in mind:
- Birnbaum’s Guide to Disneyland — they have one for kids for Walt Disney World, I’m looking to see if they make a similar one for Disneyland. My daughter Sophie loves it!
- The Disneyland Planning DVD — an absolute must for any family planning a trip to Disney, especially for the first time like we are this time.
- Printouts of the maps of the resorts
- A printout of our reservation confirmation email from DVC!
We likely won’t be buying our tickets until later on, as well as our airplane tickets, so those will wait a bit. I think there will be some other things, as I see something that strikes my mind, but if you have any ideas, leave them in the comments!
Now, after the announcement, there is still some things that we need to take care of. This includes the following:
- Determining what we are doing with regards to dining.
- Look in more detail at all of the things that we are going to see, and prioritize our ride choices.
- Purchase our airline tickets.
- Purchase our park tickets.
This will be a fun trip, and I can’t wait until Christmas morning! For the record, on December 25, 2012, we will have exactly 177 days until our trip!
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is A Disney Mom’s Thoughts.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Loop should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
1st Stop ~ YourFirstVisit.net
2nd Stop ~ Capturing Magical Memories
3rd Stop ~ My Dreams of Disney
Final Stop ~ A Disney Mom’s Thoughts
- Magical Blogorail Red: My Favorite Walt Disney Quote! (mydreamsofdisney.com)
- Magical Blogorail Orange: My Disney Bucket List! (mydreamsofdisney.com)
I think we’ve decided to put Disneyland on hold and do a WDW Christmas trip in 2013. We’ve never seen it during the holidays, so I’m thrilled with these new plans (though I do want to see Disneyland SOMEDAY). I’ll just live vicariously through YOU!
Capturing Magical Memories
How exciting Mike!!! I have never been to Disneyland either so I know Sophie is just going to be exstatic!
Mike- that is going to be so much fun!! I highly suggest breakfast at Carnation Cafe on Main Street and be on the lookout for Oscar Martinez, the chef. He’s amazing- has been working there for over 50 years!! Sophie will love it! (Can I be your daughter??!)