In our Magic Kingdom Attraction Guide series, we’ve covered Main Street, U.S.A. and Fantasyland, and now we’re switching our attention to the futuristic land, Tomorrowland. It is purely by coincidence that we are looking at this land today, the day that the Tomorrowland movie is released, but it is very appropriate nonetheless. Astro Orbiter is first in our list, here are the details for this ride that is nearly out of this world:
Attraction Name: Astro Orbiter
Attraction Type: Slow Rides, Spinning
Height Requirements: None
Hours of Operation: All Day
FastPass+: Not Available
I like this attraction, but it does have some drawbacks, so I thought I would share the pros and cons for this attraction with you:
- It is situated above the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, so you can get some good views of the park because of the height.
- It isn’t so fast that you are going to make yourself sick, and you can get good pictures because the speed isn’t so great that your camera can’t focus.
- Being so high up, you get to the attraction by elevator, and the loading process is very slow, which leads to long waits.
- The rockets are not very big, so for people like myself, it’s a tight fit.
- The ride doesn’t last very long, so it seems like a long wait for little reward.
While I do like the attraction, it isn’t my favorite, and I’ll gladly choose the TTA over the Astro Orbiter any day, and twice on Sunday! Do you and your family like the Astro Orbiter? Let me know in the comments, and thanks!