As we come to the conclusion of my series on the Lands of the Magic Kingdom, the last one for us to discuss is Adventureland. Located on the western side of the Magic Kingdom, Adventureland is home to some really cool attractions for kids of all ages to enjoy. To get to Adventureland, navigate across the bridge from the hub in front of Cinderella’s Castle. This bridge is the one closest to The Crystal Palace.
Adventureland has a bevy of attractions, dining locations, and shopping bazaars that you can enjoy at your leisure. The attractions consist of the following:
- Jungle Cruise
- This boat ride is known as much for the interaction between the guests and the boat captains as it is for it’s scenery, but we enjoy riding this every couple of years or so.
- Pirates of the Caribbean®
- This attraction is for many the prime attraction in Adventureland, and even throughout Disney World! This boat ride takes you through many scenes, and inspired the Pirates of the Caribbean movies that many have seen. This ride is in semi-darkness, but our daughter loves it, and you probably will also!
- Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
- This six story treehouse is designed after the movie Swiss Family Robinson. This walk through attraction is really neat as you can use your imagination to picture yourself living in such an environment. Additionally, there are some really great views of the park, as you can see below!
|Space Mountain as seen from the top of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse|
- The Enchanted Tiki Room
— Under New Management
- This show used to include Iago from Aladdin and Zazu from The Lion King, but a fire in the attic of the building caused Iago to be damaged beyond repair! As a result, Disney went ahead and made the Enchanted Tiki Room more like it used to be, when it was known as Tropical Serenade. I’m not sure I like it as much, but that’s okay!
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- This attraction is located right outside the location to the Enchanted Tiki Room. It is quite similar to the Dumbo ride in Fantasyland, but with different vehicles. Personally, I can take it or leave it, but Sophie likes to ride it every couple of years or so.
As you can see, there are quite an assortment of attractions for you to enjoy depending on what you enjoy doing. As with all of the lands, Adventureland has it’s own music arrangements that you hear that help create the illusion of you being transported to another land.
In addition to the attractions, you can also enjoy some good treats in Adventureland at these dining locations:
- Aloha Isle
- Home of the world famous Dole Whip!
- El Pirata y el Perico Restaurant
- This quick service restaurant serves Mexican food — unfortunately it is seasonal, and wasn’t open when I was looking for it in June.
- Sunshine Tree Terrace
- A good place to get a refreshing drink or a wonderful ice cream desert!
For shopping, there are some bazaars that I recommend:
- Agrabah Bazaar
- It was here that I purchased my Mickey Safari Hat, pictured below:
- Island Supply
- Located right next to Agrabah Bazaar, if you can’t find it at AB, you might find it here!
- Pirate’s Bazaar
- For those hard-to-find Pirate accessories, this Bazaar is located at the exit to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
There are a lot of things to enjoy in Adventureland. I hope that you take time to enjoy this land to it’s fullest!
[…] Magic Kingdom — Adventureland Share this:FacebookTwitterPinterestReddit […]
[…] the Magic Kingdom. Located to the west side of the park, it is nestled between Liberty Square and Adventureland, and serves as the land dedicated to the Wild […]
[…] Adventureland […]
[…] Magic Kingdom — Adventureland […]
[…] a land, though, Liberty Square is so much more than a pass through to Frontierland or Adventureland. The Haunted Mansion is so much fun that we ride it multiple times each time we visit. The Hall […]
[…] Magic Kingdom, there are pickles for sale in Liberty Square (at the fruit stand) , Dole Whips in Adventureland and turkey legs for a wagon in Frontierland. Over at Epcot, one of my favorite evening activities […]