1I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: 2preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. 5As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
6For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. ~ 2 Timothy 4:1-8 (ESV)
My friends, welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. Today is a solemn day for many of our Brothers and Sisters in Christ, and today we are going to remember C.A. Dillon and Jim Eastman. Both men were called home last week, C.A. on Thursday and Jim yesterday. I knew C.A. personally, and he was a rock of faith, had a gentle soul, and anyone that met him knew that he walked the way Jesus would have us walk on this earth. Jim I didn’t know, but I know that he leaves behind his wife, his kids, grandkids, and many other family that are grieving at this time. Please pray for the families, for those that are left behind with their grief. Also, please pray with us for the rest of our prayer requests and praises.
- Nikki has a prayer request. Please pray for her: Prayers for my family are much needed right now. God knows the need. I may not get to see them as often as I’d like, but they’re always close in my heart.
- Amanda has continued prayer requests for her husband Daniel: We need more prayers for my husband, Daniel. His tumors indicators were stable the last check but his platelets are rebounding slower and slower. He is getting treatment today with his platelets lower than normal. We get scanned next week to see if the new chemo is keeping his cancer in check. Please pray that his body handle this treatment well and it be super effective in kicking the cancer cells’ butt! Please pray for good or great results on our scan. I know God has a plan, but I hope He agrees with me to cure Daniel here on earth! Thanks!
- Please add Mildred Dillon and her family to your prayers. Mildred lost her husband of 59 years, CA Dillon, yesterday. He was 91 years old, as strong a Christian as I ever met, and the most gentle man you’d ever meet. Before he left us, Mildred told him that she wished she could go with him to Heaven when he passed. In some ways, her heart was already there, as she is a strong Christian herself, but her heart is heavy this morning.
- Please pray for Brandi: If you don’t mind, I’d like prayers this morning. Fear, anxiety and worry are like a storm cloud over my head today. I feel weighed down with it but there’s nothing I can do to stop my worry other than pray and have faith.
- Angela has a prayer request: My beautiful daughter Chandi…..is having some serious medical issues right now. I appreciate the prayers of my family and loved ones while she goes through this most difficult time. My family and I thank you.
- Kathy has a prayer request: I am asking for all prayer warriors to pray for a unspoken prayer God know the need its for my Sister’s husband and his family they need strength.
- Please continue praying for our neighbor Tina. She was home but had to go back to the hospital due to some bleeding unrelated to her heart surgery. Thanks.
- UPDATE: Tina is better and has returned home now, thank you for praying for her!
- Please pray for Amy and her family in their loss of her father-in-law Jim. Please pray especially for Amy’s children who have lost their grandfather, and for her husband and his siblings, and for her Mother-in-Law Carolyn. Carolyn and Jim were married for nearly 50 years.
- Lastly, please remember that there are many anonymous prayer requests that we never hear about. Please lift up those unknown prayer requests, and also pray that those that are afraid to speak up for their needs would find the courage to do so.
Now, please join with us in one voice as we pray the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.