In our #DisneyWorldCountdown, we are now down to Day 92! For today, we are going to take a look at one of the Downtown Disney restaurants: T-Rex! Cindy, Sophie and I have never eaten at T-Rex before, but it’s on the reservation list this year for our June trip! We picked it because we were able to get a late lunch/early dinner reservation, which is important because it’s the day that we do the Tomorrowland Terrace Wishes Dessert Party, so we want to eat our meal but not eat too late where we won’t be able to eat any of those yummy desserts!
Looking over the menu, there are some very intriguing menu choices to be considered. Here is just a small “sampling” — get it, sampling? — of what we might enjoy there:
- Megalosaurus Mozzarella – Seared Mozzarella with creamy marinara and Mozzerella fingers
- Brachiosaurus Bruschetta – Grilled eggplant, bruschetta tomatoes, herbed cheese and toasted focaccia bread drizzled with a balsamic glaze
- Footprints Flatbread – Warm flatbread topped with Cheddar, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Goat cheeses, rotisserie chicken and carmelized onions, drizzled with a balsamic glaze
- Stegosaurus Steak & Cheese Sandwich – Traditional-style cheese steak topped with melted Monterey Jack and Swiss cheeses served with lettuce and tomatoes on a toasted hoagie roll.
- Cretaceous Chicken Fried Steak – Breaded beef steak fried golden brown, topped with country gravy and served with your choice of one side
- Mega Mes-O-Bones (Whole Rack) – Slow-roasted St. Louis style pork spareribs, basted with BBQ sauce. Served with waffle fries and coleslaw
For the complete menu, click on over to the T-Rex page on the Disney World website.
I think that we are going to enjoy T-Rex, but of course I won’t know for certain until we have had our meal! So until then, please tell me — is T-Rex a restaurant you like, or want to try out? Or, have you eaten there and vowed never to go back? Please let me know in the comments, and thanks for stopping by today!