8Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. 10And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 11To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen. ~ 1 Peter 5:8-11 (ESV)
Hello, and welcome to this week’s prayers for the week post. This week has seen a lot of the roaring lion better known as Satan. It is imperative to us all that we resist that roaring lion, that we resist Satan, and that we remember that with God by our side, no one can defeat us! Just remember, when you find yourself beset by tribulation on all sides, just pray to God and tell the roaring lion of Satan to get behind you in the name of Jesus! That will do the trick every time! Now, please continue reading and praying for our prayer requests and praises.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Rebecca and Sheila have a prayer request: I just got this message from Rebecca: Hey my prayer warriors! Please keep praying for Cordy’s Godfather Scott!! It has been a tumultuous week of highs and lows. Steps forward and backwards. He is not out of trouble yet. And I apologize if you haven’t heard much from us, we’ve been trying to balance everything else in our usually busy barely managed chaos of a life, and 2 trips a day to the hospital. And figure out a path forward. So please keep us all in your prayers!
- This was the original prayer request for Scott from Sheila: I just added my friend Rebecca she needs our help ! Her husbands best friend & Godfather to her daughter, Scott, is in very critical condition. Scott is one of their families oldest and dearest friends. We would appreciate any and all love and prayers and positive thoughts sent his way. From what I understand he had a aortic dissection, which most people do not survive. After 9 hours of surgery. He now needs our help and prayers to recover.
- Pam has a continued prayer request for her husband Ronnie: My husband Ronnie is in the hospital for the second time this week with his fourth anaphylactic reaction. Praying we get home today and have no more problems.
- Jodi has a prayer request also: My friend Kimberly has had a mild stroke. Please keep her and her family in prayer! Thank you!
- We met someone at dinner tonight, Deron, who has had a hard life. Please pray for him, for God to watch over him. Thank you!
- A co-worker of Cindy lost a friend recently. His name is George. Please pray for them and for George’s family in their time of grief. Thanks!
- Vonni has a prayer request for her friend Randy and more importantly for Randy’s son Brandon: PLEASE PRAY FOR MY SON BRANDON! He was involved in a near fatal car accident this morning on his way to work at Costco. He was run off the road on a blind curve. He lost control of his car and hit a tree. He is currently in Neuro ICU at Spartanburg Regional Hospital. He has extensive damage to his spinal cord. He is paralyzed from his chest down. He needs a miracle right now. Please help him receive one by keeping him in your Prayers and good thoughts. Bless you. A heartbroken Dad, –Randy
- Lastly, please pray for the lost, for those that don’t know Jesus, for those that don’t know what to pray, and for those that are afraid to ask for prayers.
Now, please close with us by praying the prayer that Jesus taught His Disciples and us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.