Let Everything Praise the Lord
1 Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens!
2 Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his excellent greatness!
3 Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!
4 Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
5 Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord! ~ Psalm 150 (ESV)
Hello, and welcome to this week’s prayers for the week post. Today we are praising God for all that He does for us. This is a prayer post that is going to have some prayer requests in it, but let us also be about the business of praising God! Let’s get right to it, shall we?
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Mark starts us off with a very sad prayer request: A soldier in my Reserve unit took is own life Tuesday evening. He is survived by his mother, father, two brothers and estranged wife. I ask that you put his family in your prayers.
- Mikel has a big praise from Montana: A big thank you to you all who prayed for Montana! Yesterday it started raining – a nice steady rain that won’t rash away the dirt that is left after the burned trees – we even have snow in the mountains! God is good!
- Jodi passes along thanks and continued prayers: Just wanted to say thank you for all the prayers during Hurricane Irma! We made it through safe and sound. We had some water leakage that insurance is checking out tomorrow. It may be builder warranty since our house is under 10 yrs old, so hopefully repairs will be covered one way or the other.
The eye wall passed directly over our area. They were predicting 100+mph winds, but fortunately it *only* got up to about 85. Lots of downed trees, fences, signs, etc., all over town, and power was out for several hours (12 hrs for us). Some areas are still without electricity! We feel very blessed that damage was much less than it could have been!
Please continue prayers for those who did have major losses and who have a long way to get back to normal.
- Paul has a praise for his daughter Patricia, who lives in West Palm Beach: Yes, thank-you for your prayers! Praise God! She is fine!
- Lori has a praise and a prayer request wrapped up together: During Irma, there was one story I never posted but I feel compelled to share now….
I have a friend in Detroit who has most of her family (30+) in FL (unbeknownst to me until last weekend). None of them would leave and chose to weather it out.
We waited, prayed…and waited & prayed again…and then finally got word late Monday that all of them had made it through!!! Then very early Tuesday morning, my friend texted me that her 96 year-old “Gpa” had passed away (natural causes).
I can not help but think that he hung around long enough to make sure his family all got through it! May he Rest In Peace – a life well done!
- Lori has a praise for the prayer request for “Jeff from Cape Coral, FL” from last week on how he managed the storm: He IS! I just heard tonight and by the Grace of God, with very little damage!
- Lori has a prayer request for her sister Jan: My sister, Jan, is sick, very sick with what sounds like pneumonia to me. PLEASE she is not as strong as me, and I am really scared. Anyone listening, please say a prayer!
- Lori also has a prayer request for Ronnie: Please lift Ronnie up in Prayer, he is about to greet those most Heavenly Gates!
- I’ve got a big praise celebrating my Mom and her 75th birthday!
- Lastly, another big praise with the start of the 2017-18 Men’s Study Bible Study this past Tuesday!
Now, please close with us by praying the prayer that Jesus taught His Disciples and us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.