19Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.” ~ Matthew 18:19-20 (ESV)
Hello everyone, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. We have a lot of prayer requests, so we’ll get to them very shortly, but I wanted to remind you of the words of Jesus — where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them…My friends, when you ask us to pray for you, and when you join your prayers with ours, guess what? Jesus is right there with us. There is power in that, there is beauty in that, and there is also humbleness in that simple fact, knowing that your Lord loves you so much that He is right there with us to hear our prayers and to be with us. That is why we have this prayer post, and why we have our Facebook Group (click the link to access it and request to join!) — just knowing that we are all praying for each other, lifting each other up when we are down, that is a wonderful thing to remember. Do you feel adrift in the world? Do you feel like no one is here to hear your cries for help? Well, know this: Jesus is ready to hear you, you just need to ask Him. And also know that we are here, we have many of the same issues you face — unemployment, anger, loss, hopelessness, homelessness, medical issues, you name it, chances are that someone in our group has had it happen to them. Take comfort in this one little fact: You Are Not Alone.
Now, please join in and lift up these prayer requests and praises, and leave yours for us to pray for you.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Carol starts us off this week: Please pray for my son Jeff. He called tonight and asked to visit this weekend. As we talked I found out he is at his father’s house, which is good because his father loves him very much. He implied he is not welcome at his home – 2 kids and a wife – and is on sick leave with a extended program at Holly Hill. I am anxious and fear for him. He has a very soft heart and has followed his wife’s request to the point that they never visited me or my husband. I ask for the words to say, the patience to not encourage it to make the situation worse and the way to show him the love he accepted as a small boy when he called on Jesus.
- Please pray for the family of one of my best friends in the corporate world. Kip Campbell passed away on Saturday after a long bout with cancer. Please pray for his wife Lucy and all of their children and grandchildren. Kip was 73. Thanks everyone!
- I’ve got a prayer request from Mrs. Lucas: Mike, please add Tom to the prayer list. He is the husband of a friend! He had a colon resection after tests! Surgery went fine, but he has now been diagnosed as failure to improve! His future looks bleak, but the Dr and nurses are doing everything they can! Prayer is what he needs now! They are powerful! Thank you for posting! God bless you!
- Amanda has some prayer requests and a praise: I have 3 prayer requests – all cancer related (it seems to be everywhere).
1) We have a friend whose cancer has been stable for 4 years. It has suddenly kicked in again and she now has spots in several locations including her brain. She has a 12 and 8 year old. Please pray that Jaime’s cancer can be stopped again.
2) Our other friend’s father has tumors in several locations that were just found. They are working to determine the source of the cancer. Please pray that it is the simplest form and there is treatment as well as for his family. His name is Marty Dwyer. Erin Dwyer-Wagoner
3) My husband got great scan results last time. We are a few weeks away from a scan but his body is having a really hard time with this chemo. He has gone 7 weeks without the drug that we know works and his tumor indicators are going up. Please pray that his body is rid of the cancer and he can stay here on earth healthy and able to the work God has planned for him.
Also, your prayers for my brother’s K9 have worked overtime! She is doing great and expected to return to work in 3 months. Thanks everyone for every prayer and for allowing me to pray for you! It helps to be able to pray for others.
- Please pray for my brother in Christ David. David is having heart bypass surgery in the coming days. Please pray for healing for David, and for Peace, Comfort, and Strength for him and for his wife Louise and all of their family.
- Update: Thank you all for praying! David had his surgery on the 8th, and all went well! Louise reported that he’s in ICU today, in a lot of pain of course, but that everything is progressing as it is supposed to. Thank you all for praying, please keep it up!
- Please pray for Angela’s daughter. Here is her prayer request: Aaliyah just got out of emergency surgery… She did well. Now its time for healing part 100… Prayers prayers prayers and thank you all for continued prayer. I will keep you informed. Time to rest. Love 365
- Please pray for my brother-in-Christ Charles. He fell and had to have emergency surgery.
- My Sister-in-Christ Beth has a prayer request: My heart is so heavy as I process the news and read stories, posts, and thoughts about the bus crash involving the youth mission team from Mt. Zion Baptist. My heart is broken and my stomach is in knots as I pray for this family, this church, these youth, and the youth minister. I pray for healing, comfort, and peace for all involved and affected by this tragedy. I pray for other youth teams who are feeling fear and anxiety as they pack and prepare for their own summer mission trips locally and abroad.
“2 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away” 1 Peter 5:2-4 from Sarah Harmening’s last journal entry.
- Lastly, please pray for all of the anonymous prayer requests out there, and also for all of the prayers that go unspoken because those that need them don’t know or don’t want to believe in order to say them.
Prayer is a powerful thing, my friends, and we need to make sure that all of us know that we can pray to God at any time and He will hear our prayers. Remember that, my friends, and if you need any help in formulating the words, just ask God to hear the words of your heart — He knows what is on it already, and wants you to ask Him to help.
Now, please join us in praying the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.