Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/mydream3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pinterest-pin-it-button-for-images/ppibfi_pinterest.php on line 109
1Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. 2And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:
3“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
6“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
7“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
8“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
10“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. ~ Matthew 5:1-12 (ESV)
Hello everyone, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. This week we’re taking a look at the lessons that Jesus has for us from The Sermon on the Mount. The Word of God stands before us all, it convicts us, it sharpens us, it strengthens us, and it reminds us of the type of people that God wants us to be. Perhaps his strongest lessons came from His teachings on The Sermon on the Mount. Look at the verses above, read them again, and look at the qualities that Jesus wants us to have to be called Christian. If you can exhibit the qualities that Jesus is referring to in the verses listed above, you will be doing well in showing that Jesus lives in your heart. Now, please continue reading and pray for our prayer requests and praises below.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Vickie has a prayer request along with sad news: Please pray for Jamie Shue. He is a husband and father of two young girls. He was move to Duke Monday as the local hospital could not find answers. He is in ICU. I do not know him personally but a friend introduced me to his wife, Heather Shue, via Facebook because we are both Disney addicts. Please pray for them. He is only 42.Update:
It is with a very heavy heart that this announcement is made and I humbly ask for your prayers for this amazing mans family. Stanly County Sheriff’s Office Detective Jamie L. Shue, 211 passed away today at 1807hrs at Duke hospital. Celebrating his life and by his side was his wife Heather, his 2 daughters and all his wonderful family. Jamie leaves behind a legacy of love, laughter, compassion and loyalty to God, family, friends and the Sheriff’s Office. I’m so honored to have known my friend, “Boots” and will forever cherish my memories of him. Detective J.L. Shue my friend you are relieved of your duty sir. We will take it from here with the same honor, dedication and loyalty as you have for the last 13 years while serving the great citizens of Stanly County. Detective J.L. Shue is 10-42..
Sheriff George T. Burris
- From Jodi: Please continue prayers for my friend Christine. Her latest update: Next Tuesday is my pre-op and Wednesday I will be having Radiosurgery to get rid of my little alien (Acoustic Neuroma ). I have no idea what is going to happen to me. I’m expecting the worst and hoping for the best. The treatment itself is supposedlying painless but unfortunately unwanted side effects can happen during the treatment or up to years later. Side effects can range from mild to severe. For example: fatigue, skin irritation, hair loss, loss of balance, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headaches, vision and throat issues, seizures, and swelling of the brain. Maybe by some miracle the tumor will go away by Tuesday and will be shown in the MRI that day so I won’t have to go through this. So keep me and my family in your prayers please.
- Another from Jodi: My brother Ken has re-replacement knee surgery Wednesday too (have to replace the replaced joint to clear serious infection). Thank you!
- Prayer request for Shannan’s dad: We are at Skyline with dad. He was having some one sided weakness and tingling. A CT scan showed evidence of strokes. They compared it to the CT he had here in 2015 and there are several new spots. They are doing an MRI and admitting him for at least 24 hours.
- Update from Shannan: Dad did have a stroke. It was a small one but there was evidence of other small ones. They are letting him come home so I’m on my way to get him. Not sure what the course of action is going to be winces he’s already on stroke meds, blood thinners, etc.
- Continued prayers for Amy’s mother in law Carolyn. She needed surgery on her knee. Here’s the update: Carolyn is doing well one day post-surgery. She’s getting around her room on her own and physical therapy is going well. She’s had lots of visitors to keep her company. She will either go home (to our house) on Wednesday or Thursday.
- Lastly, a special praise to God for the celebration of my wife Cindy as we celebrated her birthday. I love you honey, Happy Birthday!
Now, please join with us in one voice as we pray the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and Power, and Glory
Forever and ever. Amen.