Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Green Loop. Today we are taking a closer look at the fun you can find in Future World at Epcot.
The Imagination Pavilion is one of those pavilions in Epcot that often is overlooked and forgotten. At least, it was for our family for a long time. I’m not certain why this was, really, it just always seemed to be a forgotten pavilion. To be honest, I never really remember seeing many people over there. Perhaps we skipped it for so long because it was the home of Captain EO for so long — a show that we had no interest in. Or perhaps we skipped it because we were more excited to venture into Epcot’s World Showcase. I don’t really know why. However, all that changed the day that we made the commitment to explore the pavilion and see what the attraction Journey Into Imagination was all about.
When we finally made our way over to the Pavilion, we were correct in some ways — there just wasn’t a whole lot there that we saw. However, we were also wrong. Way, way wrong. We walked right on to the Journey Into Imagination with Figment attraction, and little did we know, but we were in for one of the best treats! We had no idea that the ride was that much fun. Perhaps it was because we didn’t ride it very often; perhaps it was really that much fun; perhaps I don’t know why I liked it that much (that’s probably the correct answer) — but what I do know is that it became a must ride every time we visit Epcot from now on.
In addition to the main attraction, there is also the ImageWorks area of the pavilion — which, while the Walt Disney World website indicates is where “little ones can explore and create”, I thought that we looked at it for a bit and had fun. Then, as we were getting ready to leave the pavilion, Cindy, Sophie and I decided to participate in this fun little exercise, and collect a most unique Disney Souvenir at the same time:
So, my friends, a word of warning to the seasoned Disney Adventurer…before you judge a book (or a pavilion, in this case) by it’s cover, it’s best to give it a try. You might just discover a great Disney hidden gem or two waiting to capture your imagination and run away with it.
Do you and your family enjoy the Imagination Pavilion? Please let us know in the comments below, and thanks for stopping by today!
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Green | Discover Future World Loop:
- 1st Stop – My Dreams of Disney | Rediscovering the Imagination Pavilion
- 2nd Stop – Magical Memories with the Mouse | Go Under the Sea Figuratively (or Literally!) at Epcot’s The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- 3rd Stop – Heidi’s Head | Everything You Need to Know about The Land
- 4th Stop – Superheroes and Teacups | Spaceship Earth: The Heart of Epcot
- 5th Stop – Frontierland Station | Discover Future World: Test Track
- 6th Stop – Disney Nouns | Universe of Energy
- 7th Stop – The Delightful Life | Discover the Music of Future World
- 8th Stop – My Dreams of Disney | A Child’s Innocence on Mission SPACE
- 9th Stop – Rolling with the Magic | Innoventions & Festival Center