3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. 4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. 6 He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. 7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! ~ Psalms 37:3-7 (ESV)
Hello my Brothers and Sisters, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. Today we’re delving into the plan that God has for our lives. Do you ever doubt that God has a plan for your life? If you do, I hope and pray that the Psalmist’s words will answer that doubt in you. This Psalm is attributed to King David, a man who knew God very well during his life.
This past Friday, of course, was the 9/11 Anniversary, and if there is ever a day for not understanding why things happen, it was that day. However, out of that incredible tragedy, that horror, the untold death and destruction came literally thousands of stories of one person putting themselves in a position to help someone else, a total stranger. In fact, there were even stories of dogs helping out their owners and those they don’t even know during this time. If you haven’t heard the story of Bretagne, go click the link and check it out.
Out of all that, what I’m getting at is that, as hard as it can be to do at times, we need to remember that God has a plan for us, and He will take care of us, if we just let Him. Now, please continue reading and pray with us on our Prayer Requests and Praises.
Prayers for Healing
- Please pray for our friends Regina and Steve. Steve had a bad flareup of his Crohn’s Disease, and may need to have surgery. Please pray healing prayers for Steve and prayers for Peace, Comfort, and Strength for both Steve and his wife Regina.
- Please pray for our friends Doug and Monica and their daughter Maddie. Doug needs to have hip replacement surgery on October 19th, so please pray healing prayers for him, as well as prayers for Peace, Comfort, and Strength for Doug, his wife Monica, and their daughter Maddie. Maddie, in particular, is sometimes anxious, so please especially pray for her.
Prayers for Jobs
- Continued prayers for Sebastian and Sherry, as well as for Alex and Maureen on their job searches.
- Please also continue praying for all of us that are looking for jobs in this uncertain job market.
Prayers for Peace
- As mentioned, for Regina and Steve.
- As mentioned, for Doug and Monica and Maddie.
- For Denise, who lost a co-worker suddenly.
- For Bettie, who’s friend Amanda lost her husband. Pray also for her daughter as well.
- For all of us that need God’s Peace in our lives, whether it is because of some outside influence or for some other reason.
Prayers for our Enemies
- All of those that would harm us.
Prayers for Finances
- Please pray for those that need improvement in their finances, that they would ask God’s guidance in helping them through their difficult straights, and that He would help them get on track but also teach them to stay on track so they don’t have these issues again in the future.
- For my Mom, who had a birthday yesterday!
- For my Dad, and all he does for my Mom.
- For Stephanie and Shane and Lindsay
- For Leslie and Matt and Kennedy
- For Cindy and Sophie
- For the Men’s Study Bible Study
- For Charles, my leader, and for the men in our small group.
- For Russ and Jim as they lead us.
- For Robin and Jim
- For Brett and Tara
- For all our family
- For God, and Jesus
- For Answered Prayers
- For wonderful friends.
- For Michele
Thank you for praying with us, please join us as we wrap up by praying the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory forever and ever. Amen.