Hello everyone, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. Today we’re going to talk about how hard it can be making sense of it all, all the bad that has happened in our lives, all the things that have gone wrong. In some cases, even making sense of the good things that have happened too is necessary. For today’s verse, I’m sharing with you a verse from the book of Proverbs:
21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. ~ Proverbs 19:21 (ESV)
As you will see when you read our prayer requests, the list of people needing prayers has increased greatly over the last couple of weeks. There are people all over the world that are suffering, and unfortunately, the suffering will continue until Jesus arrives back on earth in the 2nd coming. The key, though, is that despite what is happening in our lives — whether it be good or bad — our focus needs to be fixed entirely on Jesus. He is our rock, our salvation; He is our answer to prayer; He will lead us through trials; He is our Shepherd, and we are His sheep — where He leads, we should follow. Do you remember two of my favorite Bible verses? Well, in case you’ve forgotten, here they are again, with a third one thrown in that is becoming a favorite as well:
11For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. ~ Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)
33I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” ~ John 16:33 (ESV)
13I can do all things through him who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13 (ESV)
In those three verses, we have the Promise of God, the Assurance of Jesus, and the reminder that we, as lowly and full of sin as we are, that nothing can stand in our way, as long as we call on God to help us through those days. Such simple verses, yet so packed with love.
So, my friends, as you read our prayer requests, and lift up to God our praises, remember, nothing is to small for God, nothing is too trivial, and nothing is to great, either, for God; He wants us to give to him all of the cares, all of the worries, He wants us to turn them over to Him, turn them over and not pull them back to us.
Continued prayers for those we mentioned last week in our prayer post, along with these new requests:
Prayers for Health
- For Elisha’s blood pressure and stress test
- For Elisha’s sister Nora, who had neck surgery
- For Rebecca, who has shoulder issues and likely needs surgery
- For our old neighbor Anne, who had a stroke and is recuperating
- For Erin’s friend, whose child is sick, prayers for healing as well as Peace
- For Casey, who battles Lyme Disease and migraine headaches.
- For Ginger’s Dad, who is fighting brain lesions.
Prayers for Jobs
- For Josalynne, who has finished school and is now applying for jobs.
- For Mitchell, who had a job with prospects for another, but was suddenly told he wasn’t needed with no notice, and now no jobs.
Prayers for Peace
- For Elisha’s Mom and family — his Mom just lost her sister Mary.
- For Jodi’s niece, who is being stalked. She is 24 years old, please pray for her Peace, but also for this to stop.
- For the family of Mary Alice Reason, who passed away suddenly without warning.
- For the families of Alison and Adam, who were shot and killed on TV — and for the families of all of those that are lost that we don’t hear about on TV.
Prayers for the Enemy
- Prayers for the shooter. As hard as it is to pray for someone who commits evil on us, it is a sign of a true Christian to do so. God will help you through these prayers.
Prayers for the Lost
- For those that have passed away.
- For those that do not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Prayers for Finances
- Continued prayers for those who are in financial difficulty, whomever they may be, and wherever they are. Lord, please be with them.
- Glory to God for Don’s wife Vallery, who is approaching five years cancer free!
- For Stephanie, who was offered a job!
- For my friend Shirley, who thought of me even when she didn’t need to!
- For Monica, who felt led by the Holy Spirit to reach out to me.
- For Hardin, who called me about being an assistant leader in the Men’s Study.
- For God, who put it on my heart to accept that calling
- For all of you, who take time each week to read and pray with us!
- For Frances
- For Early
Please pray with me:
Heavenly Father, You hear our cries, You see our needs, and You listen to our Hearts. Lord, thank you for being our God, for helping us day in and day out, for hearing us through thick and thin. Thank you for Your promises, for Your Son Jesus, and for all that You have given to us, and all that You will do in the future. Now, Lord, hear our prayer, as we pray the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory forever and ever. Amen.
Thank you all for reading with us this week, and remember to let us know what you need praying over, so we can lift you up as you lift us up. Thank you, and God Bless You.