Hello everyone, and welcome to today’s prayers for the week post. This is a very important post for me – I write these posts to give you all hope. There are times when it just feels like nothing we do is good enough, right? Well, my friends, I’m here to tell you that God Provides for our needs if we just ask Him.
I have been having a hard time getting this post written, not because I don’t know what I have to say, but because my technology has been letting me down some. So for this post I’ve been working partly on my iPhone and partly on the MacBook Air that Sophie has, and together, we’ll get this written.
Today I want to focus on Matthew 6:33.
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need. ~ Matthew 6:33 (NLT)
When I came across this verse, it hit me. So often we humans — whether we are Christian or not — try to do everything on our own. Far too often we do not ask God to help us. Well, when I read this verse, I realized that God will provide all that I need — as long as I put God first, and not myself. I know that this is easier said than done, but once we get in the good habit of putting God first, we’ll see a change in how our lives are lived out.
Please read these prayers requests, and pray for them with all your heart. Also, add your prayer requests so that we can pray for you. That’s why this post exists — to get us all praying for one another, and to make sure that we lift each other up when we need it. Thank you for praying.
Prayer Requests and Praises…
- My wife Cindy’s cousin Lori had a stroke recently, and is in need of prayers for healing. Please lift her up in your prayers and pray also for all of the family and their strength to do what is needed to help her. Thank you everyone!
- My leader in Bible Study, Russ, has requested prayers for his childhood friend Maggie. Maggie had 10 hours of surgery for tongue cancer, and is in the hospital recovering from that. Please pray healing prayers for Maggie. She has lived a long life, but wants to be around for a few years longer. She is a strong Christian, so thank you for praying for her and all of her family during this time.
- My friend Beth has this prayer request. Here is what she wrote: “So much going on! My prayer list continues to grow and even though I don’t always comment I appreciate this series. I do have a prayer request. My uncle has been diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. Please pray for healing for him and for peace with my aunt during the months ahead. Thanks Mike! :)”
- After this request, we had an update from Beth. Here is what she wrote: “Today my uncles doctors told us it is NOT pancreatic cancer like they originally thought. It is cancer still, but it’s non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Still cancer, still needs treatments, but not Pancreatic. The doctors feel so much better with this diagnosis. He starts his first treatment on Friday. Continue to pray- we’re not out of this yet! :)”
- Please continue to pray for Peter and Naomi. They are facing marital issues, so please pray that they would work it out. Thanks!
Now, please pray the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy will be do e,
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory,
Forever and ever. Amen.