When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. ~ Isaiah 43:2 (NIV)
Hello my friends and fellow prayer warriors, and thank you for joining me today in our weekly prayers for the week post. Several friends of mine are going through some medical issues both for themselves and for loved ones, so today I thought I would take a look at a Bible verse that speaks to how God is with us when we need Him most. Like many of the great scriptures, today our verse comes from the book of Isaiah, chapter 43, and verse 2, which you see above.
When trouble and turmoil comes into our lives, it can be really hard not to get down at how life has dealt us a bum hand. I find it especially true that when something is going wrong, looking up some verses in my Bible really help me to remember that God is with me. I think Isaiah 43:2 does a wonderful job of reminding us that, no matter what the trial is, God has our back!
I don’t know how many of you are reading this post who aren’t Christians or religious in some fashion. If you are not a Christian, and you would like to speak with me about why I think Christianity is the only way to achieve eternal life, then please leave me a comment and I will gladly discuss it with you. In the meantime, please read our prayer requests and praises, and thank you for continuing to pray each and every week!
Healing Prayer Requests and Praises!
- Last week I learned that my Brother-in-Christ Jeff had lost his brother to cancer. Here is what I wrote at the time: Praying today for my friend Jeff, who is mourning the loss of his brother. Please pray for him and his family in their time of grief, and celebrate his brother’s ascension to be with our Lord and Savior! Please continue to pray for them, and celebrate his brother’s life!
- Please pray for my friend Mike, who is suffering from kidney ailments. Here is what he wrote:It’s always something… Kidney infection and waiting till Friday for a CT scan to check my stones. Prayers appreciated. Please pray for healing and relief for him. Thanks everyone!
- My friend Linda had the first of her eye surgeries, and has some discomfort, but things are improving for her. Please continue to pray for her as she has her second eye surgery on June 4th!
- My friend Dee has been suffering with many medical issues for all the time that I’ve known her. Please pray for her healing from those ailments, and for Peace, Comfort, and Strength for her and her family. Additionally, please pray for her father-in-law. He has been having double vision, and they found out that he has a mass on his brain. Please pray for the medical team that is looking after him, for their skill in treating him, and for his healing, Peace, Comfort, and Strength during this time of trial in their lives.
- Give Praise to God for my wife’s co-worker Glenn and his wife Joyce. She had a tumor and had surgery on it, and she’s been released from the hospital, is home, walking, and is doing much better. Please keep them in your prayers because the recovery process is a long one for them!
Do you have any prayer requests that you wish to share with us but are afraid to do so? Don’t be afraid. Even if you don’t want to tell us, you can still pray on your own. God already knows the problem, and He wants to help you, but you have to ask for that help. Also, if you want to share just a little bit of information and have us pray, that is okay too — God knows all, so we don’t need to know all the details. The best thing, though, is to pray about it. The more people that pray over it, the stronger those prayers will be!
Thank you everyone for always being faithful prayer warriors for all of us. As always, let’s close by praying the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our Daily Bread,
And forgive us our Trespasses,
as we forgive those who Trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory,
Forever and ever. Amen.