Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. ~ 1John 3:18 (NIV)
As Christians, I think it is extremely important that we show our best side as much as possible, so when I read this verse yesterday, I felt convicted. Reading that verse reminded me that I have great strides to make. While I try to do a good job at showing my Christian side of love to everyone, I certainly do fail at this more often than I would like. Today my goal is to remember to show my Christian side — to show love to the unloved, to show compassion to those who don’t have any, and to have everyone that encounters me know that they are meeting a Christian. As Christians, it is our task — a task that God has charged us with — to witness to others and to show them the love that Jesus has for them. In many ways, the most powerful witness isn’t by quoting scripture to them — it is by showing them your Christian Spirit in your actions and deeds.
Now, please read our prayer requests, and pray for those that need our prayers. If you have any prayer requests you want us to pray for you, please leave them as a comment and we’ll pray for you! Thank you for all that you do for those that need our prayers. It is because of you that this prayer post thrives each and every week.
Prayer Requests & Praises…
- Continued prayer requests for my friend Amanda and her husband Daniel. Here is what she wrote:
Just a quick update and prayer request! Daniel was able to start his 4th round of chemo on schedule. We have our reimaging scheduled for tomorrow morning to see if we can go forward with the surgery or if we have to go a different path. Please pray that we get a clear image and that the healthy liver has grown and the tumor has shrunk and we can move forward with surgery. I’ll send more of an update when we get the results – our appointment is schedule for late in the day next Wednesday. Thanks so much for your support and prayers!!
- My friend Lin has a prayer request. Here is what she wrote:Hi Mike, I have a prayer request if you don’t mind. My Dad, who turns 56 tomorrow, found out today that he needs a quadruple bypass. He went in Monday at the request of my mom, and back today for more tests. The consensus was that he needed the surgery ASAP and was essentially a ticking time bomb waiting for a heart-attack, and with blockage that would have rendered it fatal. He is being kept at the hospital from now until his surgery on Friday afternoon and then until at least Tuesday of next week. I would very much appreciate any prayers you can offer. His name is Russ Pratt. Thank you in advance.
- My friend Peter from church is having marriage difficulties. Please pray for him and his wife Naomi that they work it out.
- Please continue to lift up my niece Stephanie in prayer. She has undergone serious surgery, and the recovery is slow, and the news out of her most recent appointment wasn’t as good as it could have been. Please pray for her continued healing, for God’s Peace to descend upon her and all her family, for Strength to continue on, and for comfort from the discomfort of the procedures. Also, please pray for her husband Shane and all of her family at this time.
- Lastly, please pray for all of the unknown prayer requests, those that we don’t know, or don’t know all the details of, that God would hear these anonymous prayers and keep them close to Him.
Now, please pray with me the prayer that Jesus taught us to pray:
Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy Will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into Temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory,
Forever and ever. Amen.