Hello everyone, and welcome to this week’s #DisneyTrivia segment! Since today is #Day69 in our #DisneyWorldCountdown, we are continuing our look at the Pirates of the Caribbean today, with some interesting facts and figures about this Disney Classic!
Pirates of the Caribbean Did You Know…
Did you know these facts and figures about Pirates of the Caribbean?
- The name of the pirate ship is the “Wicked Wench.”
- Originally Pirates of the Caribbean wasn’t going to be a Disney World attraction because of the thought of how close it was to the Caribbean, but this was changed.
- Pirates of the Caribbean opened on December 15, 1973 — 7 years to the day that Walt Disney passed away.
- Last year was the 40th Birthday of the Magic Kingdom version of the attraction!
- The version at Disneyland has two drops, whereas the version at the Magic Kingdom only has one.
- If you eat at the Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square at Disneyland, you will be overlooking the start of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
I could go on and on about the attraction, it is one of my favorites, but for right now, I want to know, who did you vote for in the March Magic tournament? The Caribbean Pirates of Disneyland or the Gracie Manor Hitchhikers of Walt Disney World? I voted for the PIRATES! Go Pirates!
Thank you for stopping by today! My friends Jodi from Magical Mouse Schoolhouse, Heidi from Heidi’s Head, and Jenn from Disney Babies Blog are excited that you take time each week to join in the fun! Do you have a blog? If so, write up a trivia post and add it to our list! Check out the rest of the entries, but make sure you go out and have a great Disney Day!
[inlinkz_linkup id=388790 mode=1]