Hello everyone, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post as seen here on My Dreams of Disney. If you are new to our site, this special post is run once a week, and it is an avenue for us to lift up the things that we need to pray about. As a result, it is totally open to you — if you have a prayer request or a praise you want to see featured, please leave it in the comments and other Christians around the world will pray for you and your request. This week I thought I would open the floor for you and I to share our blessings — those things that God has blessed in your life that you want us to know about and give praise for. Please add your blessings all week so that we can have a great show of praise for all that God does for us!
The past two weeks (and continuing for the next two weeks as well) my family has been meeting at the home of one of my Sisters-in-Christ, and our two families (among others) have been lifting up our church for our Opening Doors Campaign. The beauty of having these prayer gatherings is that we are able to share our blessings, our concerns, our confessions, and our love for our Lord in a time of witness before Him has been astounding. Here are the things that I listed for my blessings the past two weeks:
- The Men’s Study Bible Study
- Stephanie & Shane
- His Word
The interesting thing that I’ve found is that some of the things I’ve listed are staples from week to week, such as Sophie, Cindy, family, and so on. However, I’ve also come to the realization that some things that I’ve been blessed by are things that I’ve noticed in my life for the week that I’ve been able to handle better, such as having more understanding of a situation, or Peace regarding something, and even patience — which is something that I’ve been sorely lacking in over the years, has been easier to come by this week. What blessings do you want to share with us? Let us know in the comments below, and we’ll praise God for your blessings, and give Him thanks that you have them! Now, though, let’s dive into our prayer requests and praises from last week.
- My friend Jacqueline left a prayer request on Facebook. Here is what she wrote:I need prayers for my friend, Mary Morales today please. She’s been in a car accident. Thank you so much.
Please pray for her friend, that everything is okay. Thanks!
- Please pray for my friend who is experiencing flu-like symptoms. Her sister is as well. Please pray for their speedy recovery! Thank you.
- My Dad shared a picture on Facebook the other day, and this is what he wrote:Not an alien creature as Dr. Greenberg suggested, not an X-ray of a frog’s anatomy, no it’s my recently diagnosed brain aneurysm. Angiogram planned for the 28th at Fairfax Hospital which will most likely be followed by putting a ‘coil’ into the aneurysm to effectively neutralize it so it won’t burst. Yep, I finally had my head examined as Mom said I should about 65 years ago!
Please pray for his speedy treatment, for the doctors that are looking after him, and for healing for his ailment. Thank you everyone!
- Please pray the following for the people listed below:Uncle Ted – continued healing.
Aunt Carol – continued healing.
Brandon – healing for his surgery.
Jeannie – strength to carry on past her grief.
Nancy – healing for her ailments.
Doug – good news regarding his test results.
ML – relief from her anxiety and worry.
Dee – Peace from her worries over her cat, and healing for her cat.
Thank you everyone for praying.
- My friend Doris requested prayers for her dad, who had an emergency surgery. Here is what she wrote:Prayers needed for my dad who is still recovering in the hospital after unexpected bypass surgery.
Please pray for healing for him, and for God’s Peace, Comfort, and Strength to descend upon him and his family as they worry over him. Thank you!
Praises aren’t always about big things; in fact, I would surmise that most praises are for things that most of us would take for granted. Please look at my list of praises, and remember to add your praises to the end of our post in the comments! Let’s Witness for God on this post just by shouting out our praises of His Love!
- Today I’m giving praise for God’s Healing in the lives of so many friends and loved ones.
- I don’t give them as much praise as I should be, but I love my Mom & Dad, and today I’m praising them to God. Thank you God for giving me my parents!
- There is a lot wrong with the internet, and Facebook; a lot of filth, a lot of distraction, and a lot of people look at Facebook and the Internet as “their God”. However, Facebook and the internet do some incredible things, such as bringing families closer together, and when Dad announced what was going on, I thought to myself, would I have known about it until after it was done if he hadn’t posted it on Facebook? Chances are I would have been told, but with Facebook, I was told more quickly, and so were a lot of other family members and friends, and there are more prayers being lifted up for Dad because of this than there might be otherwise. So for this day, I give thanks for Facebook.
- I also give praise that God listens to me, and that I am able to lift up the things that I need help with to Him in the form of prayer requests.
- Hand in hand with prayer requests, answered prayers are so incredible that I give praise for them too!
- Many of us have not been blessed yet in life with a spouse to help us face life, but almost everyone I know has great friends that are part of our lives. I give praise to God for my great friends!
- Lastly, Lord, I give praise to You for Your Gift of Love — giving us the ability to love, loving us so much that you sent Your Son to us, and showing us how to love one another.
Thank you for stopping by today and praying for our prayer requests and lifting up our praises to God. Our Blessings are important to remember, especially in these tough times, so please lift up your blessings so we can pray for them and shout them out!