Hello my friends, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the week post! This has been an emotional week, of course, with the 12th anniversary of 9/11 and several things that have hit us this week, so I wanted to open with two very important scriptures that are probably my favorite verses in all the Bible:
First, from the book of Jeremiah, the 29th chapter, and the 11th verse:
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
And secondly, from the book of John, the 16th chapter, and the 33rd verse:
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” ~ Jesus Christ
My friends, if you ever feel despair, or if you ever feel like you are never going to get ahead, or if you lose someone close to you, remember these two verses, and know that if you put your faith and trust in God, He will not let you down! Now, let’s get right to our prayer requests and praises — and there are a lot of both!
- My friend Carol passed along this prayer request for her friend Cindy. Please read it and pray for them:My mom just called crying to say that my sister, Melissa, was diagnosed today with melanoma of the eye. They will be testing her to see if it has spread to her liver. I feel numb with disbelief. She will have a few radiation treatments as well as needing the eye removed. PLEASE everyone PRAY for her and ask everyone you know to pray for her. I and our family would appreciate it so very much. Cindy
- My friend Linda is experiencing some back issues. Please pray for her healing so that she can be back to her normal self soon! Thanks everyone!
- Please pray for the cousin of my good friend Elisha. His cousin’s name is Lazarus, and he needs a kidney transplant. If he doesn’t have one, he is looking at 6 months according to his doctors. Lazarus is a strong Christian, full of faith, a preacher, and he knows where he will be when his time is up, but he is looking to be here for a while! Please pray for the transplant that he needs, and also please pray for his family that they would be strong during this difficult time in their lives. Also, please pray for God’s Peace to come upon them and that He would comfort them also. It’s in Jesus’ name we pray with Thanksgiving! Amen.
- My friend Kristen needs prayers please for her Mom, Pamela, who needs to have surgery on her heart. The doctors are totally confident, but there are always risks, so please pray for them all. In fact, at this point I’m sharing the prayer that Kristen’s friend Meghanne wrote, please read along and pray:My Jesus, I pray for Kristen’s mom. Lord, I pray that no matter what happens You would receive glory. We know that you work ALL things together for good for those who love You, God and I’m so thankful that we serve such a mighty and powerful Lord. My God I pray that You would surround their family with a hedge of protection Lord. That you would give them Your peace that surpasses all understanding. That they would come and be still before Your throne and know that You are God and hold every situation in Your hands. We don’t know what is to come, but You do and we are thankful that we can trust You. Thank you that our hope is in You and that when we are steadfast in the faith and stand on the Cornerstone, we won’t be shaken. I pray that every worry would be cast at Your feet and I pray that Kristen’s family would have a heart of surrender to You, Lord. To be able to say “not our will, but Your’s be done”. My God I pray over the doctors, please give them wisdom on what to do and how to operate and I pray that You would guide their every move. I pray that You would comfort Kristen’s family in this time and that you would weigh this heavy on our hearts to pray over this situation and over this family in the days to come. Thank you, Lord for everything You have done for us. In Your Son’s blessed and holy name we pray, amen.Thank you!
- Prayers for my friend Andre from WDW Shutterbug. He had to go to the ER with a possible broken arm. Please pray healing prayers for him! Pray for a quick recovery also. Thanks everyone! UPDATE: Andre did break his left hand, so please pray for quick healing for him. Thanks!
- Please pray for my good friend Amanda — she is sick with sinus/stomach/and who know what else bugs. She has had it hard this week, so pray for her medications to kick in and help her out and make her feeling better soon.Thanks!
- On top of Uncle Ted and his cancer, we learned that Cindy’s Uncle Bob also has cancer. Please pray for both of these strong men as they deal with the trials and tribulations in their lives right now. Thank you for praying healing prayers, and prayers for their comfort and strength, and prayers for Peace for them and also for the family members that love them. Thanks.
- Also, please pray especially for the family, including my wife Cindy. Her family has a history of cancer in their past, and it is especially hard on them. Please pray that God’s Peace would descend upon them and also Uncle Ted and Uncle Bob, and that they would all receive His comfort and strength in this time of tribulation. Thank you everyone!
- My friend from home Bobby lost his dog Daisy this week. Please pray for Bobby as he grieves the loss of his best friend.
- Please pray for my friend Sheila. She is currently unemployed, and has been for a long time. However, she had a job interview the other day, please pray that they would see her as the perfect fit for the job, and offer it to her. Thanks, everyone!
- Lastly, my friend Tanya just posted on Facebook last night the following about a child: “Just heard a child had to be Care Flighted out of our neighborhood. Pray for the family!”
In the midst of trials and tribulations, there is a lot of Praise to be shared also, and it is just like my sister to start us off with a wonderful praise! Thanks Robin!
- Thanks again for the eloquent writing, you must get that from Dad! I had a great week, a lot of wonderful kids, and chances to work with many exceptional children and learn how to help them. I don’t consider my job a job, it is a ministry and calling, and during our minute of silence I say a prayer for the many different children, staff, and teachers that will be with them during the day. I daresay that many of the staff at my school do that anyway, and that is why we have a great community and climate.
Love you to the moon and back!
- In the midst of all of these prayer requests, praises for my friend Michelle and her husband Matthew who celebrated their 4th wedding anniversary this week! Praise God for a loving marriage!
- Praises for The Men’s Study, which started back up this past Tuesday! Special praise also for my small group team, including my leaders Hardin, James, and Mark, and all the team!
- Praises for the Edenton Street United Methodist Women, who had their annual barbecue fundraiser. This year the proceeds went to support Urban Ministries of Wake County and the Methodist Home for Children. It was a great turnout, and a lot of fun!
My friends, the beauty of our world is that, despite all of our problems, if we just look and observe and be in the moment for a little bit, we can see wonders that can only come from God. For example, when I was helping with the BBQ fundraiser doing traffic control, I saw this beautiful late afternoon sky:
My friends, may you have a wonderful week, full of blessings, love, and good news. Thank you, as always, for reading and praying over these requests. Leave your own prayer requests in the comments below, either in the new Facebook comments or in the regular comment section.