Hello everyone, and welcome to this week’s Prayers for the Week post. Today I wanted to touch a little bit about putting your best effort. There are so many issues with our country, our world, perhaps even ourselves, that I wanted to try and dive down into what the root of the problem may be…
Far too often I see myself doing just enough — and my friends, that is not good enough. Writing that one statement, let me tell you, it isn’t easy. The moment you type it, you think about it, and you see yourself in situations where far too many things have been “just good enough” to get by. The moment that hits you, it convicts you, and you realize that maybe you have been sinning the sin of Pride, thinking that you’ve got this, you don’t need anyone else to take care of it. I can handle it all by myself.
Sorry my friends, but that just isn’t the case. Don’t rely on yourself — trust in God, and ask Him for help. He will not let you down.
It boggles my mind sometimes to think about how much we give towards others — but neglect our own family at times. Do you experience this in your lives? Is this your experience? I’m sorry to say that, at times, yes, this is me.
Doing our best — that is what it comes down to. If you do your best, if you try your hardest, well, that is all anyone can ask of you, isn’t it.
- Lord, I ask that you remind me to continue to do my best in every situation. Please be gentle but firm, and remind me of the things that are most important in my life. I don’t claim to be perfect, and would never admit to thinking I was, but there are some things that I can do better, Lord. You know what they are, help me to improve upon them. It’s in Jesus’ name that I pray with Thanksgiving! Amen.
Also, please continue the prayers from last week. They are listed next in our list of prayer requests:
- Russell left a prayer request for us last Sunday; here is what he wrote: “Please say a prayer for me. I have Parkinsonism now I was told I have a deep Brain tumor. Tomorrow I will be seeing my Neurologist and a Brain Surgeon.”This was my reply to Russell, please pray along with me:“Lord, your servant Russell hashealth problems, that you know all about. Please Lord, if it is in your Will, please heal Russell of all of his afflictions; also, please guide the hands of his medical team as he deals with all of these conditions. Lord, we also pray for Russell’s family — please help them in their sorrow and worry, keep them close, allow them to help Russell, and grant the whole family Peace, Comfort, and the Strength to deal with this and to help Russell through these ordeals. Lord, while his body may be suffering, please keep his Faith strong, and his Mind sharp, so that the can give as much time as possible to You and Your Word, and use him as a shining example of the Glory of God. It is in the name of your Son Jesus that we pray with Thanksgiving! Amen.”
- Please pray for the family of my friend Mary; her son was lost last night to Pancreatic Cancer after a 2 year battle. Pray for their family, for his wife, for all of them to have God’s Peace in their time of grief, and pray for their comfort and strength as the pick up the pieces that we call life. Thanks everyone!
- Please pray for my friend Dave and his family; their dog Annie passed away after 13 years. Here is what Dave wrote: “Our sweet Annie dog after 13 years with the family went gently to doggy heaven in my lap tonight. She was the best dog ever, brave, loyal, true, sweet, friendly, loving and calm.”
- Also, my cousin Beth went with one of her friends as she had to lay her dog down; please be with her also. I don’t know Beth’s friends name, but God does, and He will be with her.
- Please also pray with me regarding all of the killings that we have been reading about that involve teenagers doing the killing. In my opinion, this is further evidence that our world is fallen, and even more of a reason to make sure you know Jesus and that He knows you!
- Lastly, please pray for all of our unknown prayer requests; those requests that we haven’t been told about. There are millions of them out there, so please pray for them as well!
- We have now had Regan for two weeks, and he has really done well in his fur-ever home! Praises to God for him in our lives, he truly is a Gentle Giant!
- This prayers for the week post is a small ministry of mine, and I don’t do it for any accolades at all. However, I would like to give praise to Stephanie, who wrote last week:“I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your prayers every week. While I read your prayers, I say my own prayers for family, friends, and people in my community. God Bless!!“
- Lastly, a special thanks and praise to all of my family and friends, wherever they are! I have so many, in that regard I am such a blessed man!
My friends, these prayer posts are for you; please take the time to read and pray over these, and add your own prayer requests as well. The more we pray, the better off we will be. Have a great week everyone, and thanks for stopping by! If we all do our best, life will be so much better for all of us!