But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed.
My friends, the world is full of trouble, turmoil, and sorrow, and it seems like there was a whole heap of it piled up this week. When I am troubled, I try to remember who my Lord and Savior is, just in case I’ve forgotten; His name is Jesus, and no greater price was ever paid for me than the price that He paid for me. Never forget that Jesus Saves — if we call on Him to do so on our behalf!
Like I said, there is a lot of grief right now — and some of it resides in the heart of little Foley, Alabama, right now. Let me tell you about a Shining Star named Meleney, and how, at the tender young age of 20, she is staring death right in the face.
- Meleney was the student of my friend Amanda and her husband Carl; she went to the high school that they work at. She is a wonderful person, and she is surrounded by wonderful people that love her and care deeply for her. However, she is dying, stricken with a form of cancer called Ewing’s Sarcoma, and she is dealing with the thought of not being with us very much longer — perhaps even days. I can’t really describe it as well as Amanda did, so I’m sharing her post from the other day; in it, there is a call to action, if you are able, to donate to the costs that this young girl and her family have had to endure. Please read the post, donate if you can, but most of all, pray. That is what we are here for. Pray for Meleney, pray for her Peace, her Comfort, her Strength; pray that she KNOWS Jesus, and that He KNOWS her; pray for her salvation; pray for her family; but most of all, pray boldly for a cure, if it is God’s Will that this would happen. Pray.
- My niece Stephanie had surgery last week. She has been struggling with some issues for too long now, and the procedure they did was the first step — and hopefully the biggest step — in getting her back to the healthy, vibrant, loving young lady that I know her to be. She is a strong Christian, but I’m certain that she is ready for God to take this tribulation out of her life. Please pray for her recovery, for her health, that it be turned for the better now, and that she would be able to heal quickly and be back to her old self in no time. Thank you.
- Yesterday was the 9th Anniversary of my Uncle Phil’s passing — and his ascension to Heaven. The days speed quickly by, and it really doesn’t seem like it has been nine years — but to my cousins Beth, Anne, Cathy, and my Aunt Clare, I’m certain that it seems to them like the longest nine years of their lives. They have learned how to continue on with out their Dad/Husband in their lives; but they also know that he is watching over them, and that they will see him again. Still, each anniversary is a day that they don’t want to see coming, so please think of them, and pray for their comfort this weekend. I miss my Uncle Phil — he immediately took to my wife Cindy, going out of his way to thank her for naming our little girl after his Mom — so thank you for thinking of us and praying for us.
- Lord, there are many people who don’t have the courage or the voice to express their prayer requests — so please lift up their unspoken requests and deal with those also. Lord, you know all, so you know the words to the prayers even when we can’t express them. Hear their unspoken prayers, and grant us all the Peace that only YOU can provide.
- Lord, throughout the turmoil that goes on, You are there for us if we but call on You. It seems that it is easier for us to call on You when we are in trouble, but I praise you and give thanks for You each and every day, in the good days and the bad. Lord, please help us to remember You during the days when there is no trouble — so that we may thank You for the good we have in our lives!
- Lord, thank you also for all of my blessings; my family, Cindy, Sophie, my parents, sister, and everyone else.
- Lord, thank you for the jobs that we have, and the ability we have to provide for our families.
- Lord, thank you for my brothers and sisters in Christ, starting with the men from the Men’s Study, but certainly not excluding anyone else.
- Lord, thank you for the freedom that we have because of the men and women of our armed forces, past and present, who give of themselves — and in some cases paid the ultimate price — so that we would be free.
- Lord, thank you for my niece Stephanie, who is now an Army Wife, and her husband Shane, who continues to excel in his basic training and advanced infantry training. Please see him safely home on time next month!
Lord, there are so many other things to thank you for, you know all that is in my heart, and I thank you for your Spirit that you gave to me to guide me on my journey! May we all have a great week ahead, but not forget that you are the reason for our successes; and if we ignore you, we are the reason our week may not be as easy as it should be. Thank you for hearing our prayers and praises, Lord! It is in your name that we pray. Amen.