This week, my friends has seen a lot of troubles for believers and non-believers alike. As a result, I thought I would share with you all my belief — and I can think of no greater verse to share with you today than Psalm 46:1, as depicted in the photo above:
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”
Such a simple verse, isn’t it, and yet, it is packed with such power! When I read this, I immediately knew that, regardless of the problems I face or anyone, for that matter, faces, if we rely on our God, He will provide, and He will take care of us.
My friends, I have praises and prayer requests aplenty this week, so let’s get right down to business, remembering, though, as we read, that God is with us — if we invite Him to join us!
Lord, we have so much to be thankful for! Let’s take a moment to thank You for all of the blessings that you have bestowed on us!
- I first want to take a moment to thank you for my family — night and day, through thick and thin, regardless of the circumstances, we know that there is Love in our family — and that because of that, we can get through everything that the world throws our way.
- Lord, I also want to thank you for the blessing we have of having our health, and our jobs as well. While the world struggles at times with feelings of entitlement and laziness, most of us strive to improve ourselves through good old fashioned hard work — something that many people have forgotten the definition for.
- Lord, I also want to thank you for the blessing of being able to study your word in a country where doing so will not land you in jail, or persecuted in other ways. It is something that those of us in the United States and other free countries take for granted at times, I think, but I try to remember to thank you for the blessings of freedom.
- Lord, I also want to praise you for ANSWERED PRAYERS! This became evident as recently as this past Friday, when a dear Sister in Christ was full of despair, and simply through the act of prayer, you gave her that special Peace that only you can do — and once she had Peace, the answer to her problem was revealed by You, so thank YOU for helping her! Likewise, my dear niece Stephanie, who faces many trials and tribulations, has at least had some prayers answered — she now has more information than she had previously, and with Your help, and Your blessing upon her team of doctors, You will see her through this, You will keep her husband Shane safe, and You will see Stephanie restored to the healthy, vibrant Child of God that we know her to be! Thank You Lord in advance!
- Lord, I lastly want to thank you for all of the other things you do for us — things seen and unseen, asked for and only thought about, and prayers that you answer when we don’t even know how to frame them in words. Thank You, God, for all that You give us, especially for your Son Jesus!
- Lord, while we saw direct evidence of how Your Will can conquer considerable hurtles, still, that family has many needs. My Sister in Christ’s son is a veteran of our armed forces, and he suffers from PTSD. Lord, please stay with him and help him with this tragic disease, heal him if it is your Will, and keep him safe. Thank You Lord for answering these prayers for us!
- Lord, please keep Stephanie close to You, and Shane also, so that they may both make it through their challenges and be reunited in two short months. Lord, Thank You in advance for staying close to them during this time, and may their love for one another be even stronger than it was before Shane left for training.
- Lord, while this seems small perhaps, I want to ask for your prayers for my friends Jodi and Mary, Amanda and Chip and Jeff. We had a server experience issues, and that caused all of our sites, mine included, to have difficulty during this week. Hardest hit was my dear friend Mary, who’s site lost data all the way back to February! While a loss for me is more in the “inconvenience” role because I don’t do as much with my site, for Mary and Jodi, a loss of that magnitude ends up being a huge financial burden on them, espeically Mary, because of her online store. It was a big support failure, and we have learned lessons, but Mary is going through some huge amounts of work to recreate things that were lost. Lord, please, if it is Your Will, help Mary by giving her the ideas that she needs to not only recover from her loss, but turn it into a huge gain now — and down the road. Thank You in advance for helping us out!
- Lord, I just found out that my friend Bambi, who’s daughter is only two years old — is sick and is being looked at. Lord, I know what it’s like when your child is sick, and also how scary it can be for both the family and the child, so Lord, while we don’t know what the problem is, we know that You do, and we ask that You guide the skillful hands of the doctors as they see what is wrong and work together to solve her distress. Lord, healing prayers are what we are praying at this time, and we know that You are with this strong Christian family and their little Angel. Thank you!
- Lord, the last thing I want to ask for prayers for involves all of the prayers that people haven’t shared, but have need on their hearts. Lord, You know all of thoughts, feelings, needs, and wants, and you know what is going on in our hearts when we can’t even formulate the words. Lord, take those prayers, please, and act on them as your Will deems necessary, and thank you for everything!
Do you have prayer requests that you need to share and have us pray over? If you do, I implore you to share them in the comments below, and watch as hundreds of people pray for you and your needs, and see what the Power of Prayer can do in your life! Thank you for stopping by, for reading these praises and prayer requests, and thank you for praying. I hope everyone has a great week, and may God shine His blessing upon you, and keep you safe from harm! Remember Psalm 46:1 — He is our refuge and strength, our ever-present help in trouble.